8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2013 7:14 AM by d mac in marin RSS

Bridge cannot Find PS CC

d mac in marin

Hello, I have loaded Bridge, PS CC and LR 5 onto my SSD drive called S, and Bridge wants to look for PS on my C drive and will not load an image into PS.  Any advice is most appreciated.

Dan

• 1. Re: Bridge cannot Find PS CC
          Curt Y Community Member

You are always asking for trouble if you do not use the default locations for programs.  Other programs, installers, updaters, etc. expect to find them in certain locations.  In Windows this is on drive C. 

If you are going to put your programs on a different drive or folder you must install it there.  Be aware that you will still have many files installed on the C drive.  If you install on C and move you will sever links and program will not work. 

• 2. Re: Bridge cannot Find PS CC
            d mac in marin Community Member

Thank you Curt, but I since CS4 this has been my protocol, and now only with CC have I experienced a problem.  The advantage is significant since the SSD drive works very well with large files. 

• 3. Re: Bridge cannot Find PS CC
              Curt Y Community Member

The usual proceedure is to install the program files on the C drive and the cache and other files elsewhere.  But not dictating what you can do, just potential problems if you deviate from the default installation location.

• 4. Re: Bridge cannot Find PS CC

Thank you Curt

• 5. Re: Bridge cannot Find PS CC
                  Omke Oudeman Community Member

since CS4 this has been my protocol,

First thing to try is reset preferences, hold down option (Mac) or control key (win) while starting Bridge and choose reset prefs. This will set the file type associations back to default and that would mean when using Bridge CC it will be pointing to PS CC

If both Bridge CC and PS CC are on the SSD it should be possible, but if you have them both on separate drives I think Curt has a point

• 6. Re: Bridge cannot Find PS CC

Thank you Omke, I actually tried to reset to default when I first was faced with this and no luck.  Yes all of my Adobe photo programs are on my SSD drive.  The reason I use this drive rather than my traditional hard drive is because many of my images are >1 GB and the SSD gives me a more responsive platform. 

• 7. Re: Bridge cannot Find PS CC
                      Curt Y Community Member

d mac in marin wrote:

Hello, I have loaded Bridge, PS CC and LR 5 onto my SSD drive called S, and Bridge wants to look for PS on my C drive and will not load an image into PS.  Any advice is most appreciated.

Unclear on this statement.  You direct where you want Bridge to look by clicking on drive and folder.  When you look at the Folders Panel in CC do you have the entire computer directory showing?  If not what do you see in Folders?

• 8. Re: Bridge cannot Find PS CC

Solved the problem in the file associations dialogue box.  I had to direct Bridge to the right drive for each specific file type and not just dng files.  Thank you everyone for working on this for me.  Have a great day.

Dan