2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2007 5:59 AM by ozzie1234

How do I automatically load a page from a Flash intro?

ozzie1234
      I've created an intro Flash movie for my website and have two questions:

1) Once the movie has run its course, how do I automatically get the next swf file (home.swf) to automatically load after it? I am using Flash CS3 and will be using Dreamweaver CS3 to publish.
      2) If someone wants to skip the intro movie and go straight to home.swf how do I make this happen? I've created a "skip movie" button but am not quite sure about the code required to make the button work.

I'm very new to Actionscript so this is still a bit of Greek to me. I appreciate any help!
        • 1. Re:  How do I automatically load a page from a Flash intro?
          balamurugan@flipdesign.in
          Flash CS3 is ok but r u using Actionscript 2.0 or 3.0
          if you use Action script 2.0 i can give you the solution...
          we can do the same thing in different manner but i don't know how you have done... but my part of idea is you can have a base movie and in that you can load the first intro.swf and in the end of that intro movie clip you can unload the current movie and load a homemovie in the base movie clip so that you will have more benefit like if they skip the intro you can just load the home .swf directly without loading the intro.swf. this is just a general idea.
          If you give a clear idea how you has created i can give you a better and a clear idea with the code...
          Plz specify weather it is ActionScript 2.0 or 3.0 if it is ActionScript 2.0 i can Help you :-)
          • 2. Re:  How do I automatically load a page from a Flash intro?
            ozzie1234 Level 1
            Sorry bout that...forgot to mention but I'm using Actionscript 2.0.