1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2013 1:22 PM by Mark Mapes

Premiere Pro keeps crashing when using overwrite (.) shortcut in Source Monitor

SammySwains

When editing a clip in the source monitor and then using the (.) key to overwrite the clip onto my timeline Premiere Pro keeps crashing. If I select the Timeline window and then press the (.) key it works fine, but if the Source Monitor is highlighted and I press (.) it crashes every time and shows these windows:

Premiere Pro has encountered an error.
      [/Volumes/BuildDisk/builds/mightykilt/shared/
      adobe/Mediacore/Backened/Make/Mac/../../Src/
      Sequence/LinkContainer.cpp-184]
      and then opens this one:

Adobe Premiere Pro
      Sorry, a serious error has occured that requires
      Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down. We will attempt to
      save your current project.
      It saves my current project as a copy, which is good, but I've now ended up with lots of copies of the same project as it keeps on crashing. In order to work I have to make sure that the Timeline is highlighted before I use the shortcut. It makes for very precarious and tense editing!
      I've tried to update my system (I have the Production Premium Suite), but it came up with this:

Adobe Bridge CS6 5.0.2 Update

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1I200

Extension Manager 6.0.5 Update

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1I200

Prelude CS6 1.0.2 Update

Adobe Photoshop 13.0.5

Photoshop Camera Raw 8.1(CS6)

DPS Desktop Tools CS6 26.0.0 Update

Adobe Illustrator CS6 Update (version 16.0.4)

Dynamic Link Media Server CS6 1.0.1 Update

Adobe SpeedGrade CS6 6.0.4 Update

Adobe InDesign CS6 8.0.1 update

Adobe After Effects CS6 11.0.2 Update

Fireworks CS6 update to improve Mac 10.8 platform compatibility and resolve usability bugs.

Adobe Media Encoder CS6 6.0.2 Update

Adobe Audition CS6

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 6.0.2 Update

Flash Pro CS6 update 2

I'm using a MacBookPro 15", OS X 10.8.4 and editing footage filmed at 24fps 1920x1080 on my Canon 550D/T2i. All .MOV files.

I purchased my software from iSoftware.co.uk. I'm worried that could be the problem.

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thank you.

Sam