1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2013 11:38 AM by Muppet Mark

applescript, CS5 to CS6, files won't close

Mattmcquiff Level 1

This is the part of my script, that runs from with photoshop. on CS5 it opened and closed everything without a problem, however in CS6 it processes the images but does not close them.

Can anyone see where it might be going wrong?

Let me know if you need the whole thing and I'll condense it down.

Many Thanks

Matt

tell current document

--If the quick mask mode has been left on then delete the channel Quick Mask

if (quick mask mode) then delete channel ¬

"Quick Mask"

--If the Layer is incorrectly labeled with Original Layer it needs renaming to original Image

if (exists layer "Original Layer") then ¬

tell layer "Original Layer" to set name to "Original Image"

save in (localBrandFolder_PSD & origName) as Photoshop format with options myPSDOptions without copying

(delete layer "Original Image") flatten

resize image resolution 300 resample method none

--sharpen image

filter current layer using unsharp mask with options {amount:80, radius:3.2, threshold:0}

save in (ftpBrandFolder_High_Res & name) as JPEG with options myOptions without copying

--Prepare for Low RES by resetting image history

set current history state to history state 3

flatten

resize image width 1348

resize image resolution 300 resample method none

filter current layer using unsharp mask with options {amount:80, radius:3.2, threshold:0}

--add save to lowResFolder with same options

save in (networkBrandFolder_Low_Res & name) as JPEG with options myOptions without copying

set newFile to file path

set newFile2 to newFile as string -- for testing end of name

if newFile2 ends with "_2.jpg" or newFile2 ends with "_3.jpg" or newFile2 ends with "_4.jpg" or newFile2 ends with "_5.jpg" or newFile2 ends with "_6.jpg" or newFile2 ends with "_7.jpg" or newFile2 ends with "_8.jpg" or newFile2 ends with "_9.jpg" or newFile2 ends with "_10.jpg" or newFile2 ends with "11.jpg" then -- exclude website_images

my duplicateFile(newFile, {ftpBrandFolder_Low_Res})

else

my duplicateFile(newFile, {ftpBrandFolder_Low_Res, website_images})

end if

close saving no

display dialog "A"

return

end tell

on error

set noError to false

my myLogs(thefile) -- write path to log file in Desktop

try

close saving no --if exists, close current document

display dialog "B"

return

end try