9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2013 9:49 AM by Jeff Schewe

    Loading / Saving Curves Presets in Camera RAW

    AtonMusic Level 2

      Hi ---

       

      In User/library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/

       

      There is a folder called Curves....

       

      However, one cannot save or load curves presets within the camera raw editor... At least I do not know how to do that.

      And the documentation on cameraw raw is mildly spoken, addressing the state of a 4-year old.

       

      So either I am 4 years old and dumb or the documentation is not there...

       

      Be that as it may, I would really appreciate if someone could cast a light on this and explain to me, how I can load/save curves in CameraRAW

       

      Thanks

        • 1. Re: Loading / Saving Curves Presets in Camera RAW
          areohbee Level 6

          Is it not the same as in Lightroom?

           

          Note: only *after* editing point curve, will the save option appear:

           

          save_tone(point)_curve.gif

          R

          • 2. Re: Loading / Saving Curves Presets in Camera RAW
            AtonMusic Level 2

            Hey Rob,

             

            thanks for chiming in...

             

            Lightroom is not the problem works there. But LR is highly limited :

             

            1) The points are in Percent

            2) One cannot select a point and text-enter the numbers

             

            In Camera RAW one cannot save ANY curve presets.

             

             

            I am quite disappointed about the CC release... extremely buggy and STILL so many features not working correctly.

             

            It would be nice if adobe would address all the OLD issues instead of keeping on releasing the same bugs and shortcomings in their software ;-)

            • 3. Re: Loading / Saving Curves Presets in Camera RAW
              Jeff Schewe Level 5

              AtonMusic wrote:

               

              In Camera RAW one cannot save ANY curve presets.

               

              After setting your curve as you want it, select Save Settings from the main flyout menu. You will be prompted what settings you wish to save. Select Point Curve. Then when prompted, name the curve and it should default to the user level library in the Curves folder.

              • 4. Re: Loading / Saving Curves Presets in Camera RAW
                areohbee Level 6

                AtonMusic wrote:

                 

                I am quite disappointed about the CC release... extremely buggy and STILL so many features not working correctly.

                Thanks for the heads up - I'm presently in the process of deciding whether to buy in to CC or not - tough decision.

                 

                I've heard some people are planning on taking CS6 into the casket with 'em (or urn ) - I just dunno yet...

                 

                 

                AtonMusic wrote:

                 

                It would be nice if adobe would address all the OLD issues instead of keeping on releasing the same bugs and shortcomings in their software ;-)

                I agree there is room for improvement bugfix-wise...

                 

                 

                PS - Jeff's instructions for saving point curve in ACR worked fine for me.

                 

                 

                R

                • 5. Re: Loading / Saving Curves Presets in Camera RAW
                  AtonMusic Level 2

                  Hey ;-)

                   

                  I tried that already... But that does not work correctly in the CC Version.

                  Saving the curves only will not work.

                   

                  1) I change the curves only

                  2) Save the curves only

                  3) Try to load what I just saved

                   

                  Nothing happens. Somtimes they'll load (10% of the time) rest of the time nothing happens...

                   

                  But this is pratically normal for the whole CC suite... Layers not visual @ first until clicking tab in PS etc etc etc...

                  Guest this version went out with NO beta testing.

                  • 6. Re: Loading / Saving Curves Presets in Camera RAW
                    areohbee Level 6

                    I only tried it once, but it did work (Ps CC).

                     

                    I wonder if it has anything to do with process version handling (the tone curve settings have a different name depending on which pv they are for - there's supposed to be sufficient logic to handle properly, but maybe it's wonked).

                     

                    If you come up with a case when it doesn't work, consider posting the tone-curve.xmp file, and process version which did not work.

                     

                    Rob

                    • 7. Re: Loading / Saving Curves Presets in Camera RAW
                      Jeff Schewe Level 5

                      Perhaps if you had a slightly better attitude, things might work you you better? Do you want help or do you want to rant? I tried making a custom curve using PV 2010 and 2012...hosted both by Bridge and hosted by Photoshop, doing multiple curves in onve launch and over multiple lunches. It worked as expected, 10 times out of 10 (which is about the extent of my willingness to try to help you).

                       

                      This is with Photoshop CC, ACR 8.1 running on 10.7.5.

                       

                      If you want help, you might want to provide some basic troubleshooting info, like what platform, what OS version and what version of ACR you are running. Short of that, you're on your own.

                      • 8. Re: Loading / Saving Curves Presets in Camera RAW
                        AtonMusic Level 2

                        Jeff Schewe wrote:

                         

                        Perhaps if you had a slightly better attitude, things might work you you better? Do you want help or do you want to rant? I tried making a custom curve using PV 2010 and 2012...hosted both by Bridge and hosted by Photoshop, doing multiple curves in onve launch and over multiple lunches. It worked as expected, 10 times out of 10 (which is about the extent of my willingness to try to help you).

                         

                        This is with Photoshop CC, ACR 8.1 running on 10.7.5.

                         

                        If you want help, you might want to provide some basic troubleshooting info, like what platform, what OS version and what version of ACR you are running. Short of that, you're on your own.

                        Jeff,

                         

                        1) Mac Pro Nehalem, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX285, 10.8.4

                         

                        2) I'm a beta tester myself and just completed an insane beta cycle for THE audio software.

                        So I know how much TIME goes into beta testing to ensure the stability of software.

                         

                        There are bugs in CC backdating to the days of CS4 !

                         

                        So yeah, my attitude has changed a lot... For the worse !

                         

                        I am sorry about that !;)

                        • 9. Re: Loading / Saving Curves Presets in Camera RAW
                          Jeff Schewe Level 5

                          AtonMusic wrote:

                           

                          1) Mac Pro Nehalem, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX285, 10.8.4

                           

                          So, have you made your user level Library visble? The correct location is User/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Camera Raw/Curves. If the curves are not being saved properly, that could be a reason that ACR can't "see" them...OS X 7.x & 8.x hide the user library and require special permissions to write to. I user Terminal to force the user library to be visble. Command I click on the Library and make sure you (the user) has read/write permissions.