0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2013 7:29 AM by MMMM4_wang

Adobe Illustrator CS 5.1 Application develped in Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Visual Basic failed

MMMM4_wang

I just developed an Adobe Illustrator CS 5.1 Application in Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Visual Basic. It works fine on my Windows 7 Professional 32-bit Operating System. But when I tried to run it on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Operating System which also has Illustrator CS 5.1 installed, the application crashes when it runs to the code which calls Illustrator Library Objects.  The error message is System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'WindowsApplication_GangArt.Module2' threw an exception. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Illustrator.Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{95CD20AA-AD72-11D3-B086-0010A4F5C335}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)). I wonder why the application cannot fined Illustrator on the new 64 bit computer.