8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2013 12:35 PM by elainecc

Edge does not see the edge actions file.

SLB7 Design

Working with Edge version 1.5.0 and Visual Studio 10.  Just about finished with a project and now all of my code has disappeared from Edge, I can't see any of my triggers on the timeline or events on the buttons.  I can still open the html in a browser and everything still works but I can't do any more edits inside of Edge because I can't see the code in there.

The edge actions file has all the code, but Edge does not see any of it inside Edge.   I tried pasting the full code back into Edge but it would not save it.  How can I get edge to see the code again?

• 1. Re: Edge does not see the edge actions file.
          elainecc Adobe Employee

Can you ZIP up your project folder and post it somewhere for us to download so that we can take a look at it?  Thanks,

-Elaine

• 2. Re: Edge does not see the edge actions file.
            SLB7 Design Level 1

Elaine,

Thanks for getting back, however, I cannot ZIP up the project since it is proprietary.  It is fairly large with multiple levels of symbols.  I can open the Edge Actions file outside of Edge and see all the code just fine.  When I open the code in Edge this is all I get:

/***********************

* Adobe Edge Animate Composition Actions

* Edit this file with caution, being careful to preserve

* function signatures and comments starting with 'Edge' to maintain the

* ability to interact with these actions from within Adobe Edge Animate

***********************/

(function($, Edge, compId){

var Composition = Edge.Composition, Symbol = Edge.Symbol; // aliases for commonly used Edge classes

//Edge symbol: 'stage'

(function(symbolName) {

})("stage");

//Edge symbol end:'stage'

})(jQuery, AdobeEdge, "EDGE-157779901");

I cannot paste over this and save.  Not sure what I need to do. Thanks for your help.

-Stephen

• 3. Re: Edge does not see the edge actions file.
              GideonGrizzley

I have exactly the same issue. I am building a complex animation and after a full days work Edge fails to open the file anymore.

My animation worked fine but after closing Edge and trying to open the file again I just see an empty animation without any elements (the assets show) and the timeline empty. The animation still plays fine on browser (from HTML) file but Edge does not seem to open it.

Its very frustrating as this might mean I now have to rebuilt the whole animation (about 2 full days of work from scratch) as I have not saved to other versions of the file.

Any help here would be well appreciated?

• 4. Re: Edge does not see the edge actions file.
                skister77

I work with Stephen, is there not a fix for this?  Seems to be an Edge bug.  We upgraded to 2.0 in hopes that would fix but it didn't.  We are running out of time and need to get this resolved.  The downside is there is over 4000 lines of code in the edgeactions file.  that would be a pain to have to redo all of that.  There must be a way for edge to get the hook back to that file.

• 5. Re: Edge does not see the edge actions file.
                  elainecc Adobe Employee

Hey, guys-

There's very little I can do without taking a look at the project files.  I understand that it's proprietary, but is there any chance you could send me a private link via private message sot hat I can take a look at it on my system?

Thanks,

-Elaine

• 6. Re: Edge does not see the edge actions file.
                    skister77 Level 1

Elaine,

Did you get the files Stephen sent you?  If so do you have any suggestions on what to do?

• 7. Re: Edge does not see the edge actions file.
                      elainecc Adobe Employee

Followup: I manually fixed the issue (sent the fixed project back) and am filing a bug with the team to investigate how this happened.

Thanks,

-Elaine

• 8. Re: Edge does not see the edge actions file.
                        elainecc Adobe Employee

Gideon-

Can you send me your broken project so that I can take a look at it?

Thanks,

-Elaine