4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2013 1:21 PM by jumpcut400

Bug in Premiere Pro CC Multicam?

jumpcut400

So, I'm getting a bad issue in one of my multicam sections. I'm running Creative Cloud applications on Mac OS X Mountain Lion.

I have 5 or 6 seperate multicam sequences and the issue occurs on only one of them, which makes me think this must be a glitch. What happens is I cut the sequence and choose my angles. However, whenever I render or restart the project or send to Media Encoder, I get something that is hard to describe. It seems that for some of the angles, it switches to the start of the clip (where I marked an In point). From the screen cap below, it seems to put these arrow to indicate that the clips that are starting from the In point of the multicam sequence and not the point in time where I switched angels. I have fixed 3 times and still no success. Well, it actually seems like it is working, but then I try to encode and Media Encoder does the same thing. Very strange.

Has this occurance happened to anyone else? Is there a workaround?

Screen Shot 2013-07-05 at 3.16.44 PM.png

• 2. Re: Bug in Premiere Pro CC Multicam?
          jumpcut400 Level 1

Thanks. It seems like this bug has been occuring for a long time now. Why hasn't the patch come yet? This is a really big error. I feel Adobe should have sent out an update sooner. Has anyone found a workaround?

• 3. Re: Bug in Premiere Pro CC Multicam?
            petergaraway Adobe Employee

Refer to the link Jim posted for additional details. We're working on getting out a fix ASAP. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

• 4. Re: Bug in Premiere Pro CC Multicam?
              jumpcut400 Level 1

Ok, I think I figured out a workaround. I haven't had to use it yet, but I think it will work.

1) Make a sequence where you place all clips on the timeline lined up (I mark In points to sync). So Cam A (or 1)  is on the bottom and the Cam D (or 4 or whatever your last camera) is on top.

2) In the Project window, select the clips and "create multicamera source sequence" and sync by In points.

3) Drop the multicam sequence in a new blank sequence.

4) Go back to original timeline and put the timecode filter on the top clip and make the "Timecode Source" to pull from "Media".

5) Go to the sequence with your multicam in and drop the timecode filter on that, but this time, set the "Timecode Source" to generate and enter the starting timecode that you generated in step 4.

6) Duplicate the multicam layer and unable the one you won't switch angles on. Make sure to cut both video tracks if you're cutting for content.

So, if Premiere decides to go whacky on your multicam footage, you can at least replace the multicam sequence by:

1) Enabling the clip with timecode.

2) Going back to the original sequence and copying the individual source clips.

3) Drop them above the multicam sequence with cuts and the unabled multicam sequence for timecode.

4) Use the multicam text to replicate the cuts and angles.

This is really, really, really time consuming, but at least it's better than telling your Producer that there is a delay on the project until Adobe fixes their software.

What do you think? Does this workaround make sense?

Or, Plan B: Use Avid.

Thanks,

Tom