1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2013 6:45 PM by Jim_Simon

Problem starting up Premiere Pro CC

MujHameed

Hello everyone.

I used a free trial of Premiere Pro CS6 to edit a video a few months ago. I began a new project today, having not updated the program, and it let me edit for a while. This was great! Then it stopped working. I figured it was about time I bought the software.

I purchasd a monthly subscription to Premiere Pro CC and tried to install it. It didn't work until I uninstalled PrPro CS6. I did this. Now, the starting graphic comes up, but then Windows tells me that the program has stopped working.

This is my system info:

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Intel i7 3740 QM @ 2.70 (8 CPUs), ~2.7Ghz

32 gigs of RAM

Nvidia Quadro K3000M

Thanks! I have no idea why this isn't launching. All my drivers are up to date. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

I also have the latest version of Quicktime so that shouldn't be an issue either.

• 1. Re: Problem starting up Premiere Pro CC
          Jim_Simon Level 8

This is tough.  There actually is no problem having both CS6 and CC7 installed at the same time.  In fact, I've had both running at the same time on more than one occasion on two separate machines.
            So with the limited information available thus far, my first thought is a system issue somewhere.

I suspect this is a general purpose machine, and not a dedicated editing rig?