Is the plugin enabled?
If that does not help, you need to provide more information.
Acrobat is the only plugin from Adobe that shows up in my Firefox list of plugins. Flash is never in the list. When I do the install, it says that it is properly installed, but nothing works. It's like it is not even there.
What is your operating system?
Can you check if you have NPSWF32_11_7_700_224.dll in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash or C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?
I have both directories and the file does exist in both.
I tried the clean install and it still did not work. I finally tried to uninstall Firefox, without removing my personal information, and then reinstall - that did not work either. I finally did the following and it worked!
1. Exported all my bookmarks
2. Wrote down my add-ons so I could get them again
3. Unistalled Adobe
4. Uninstalled Firefox and checked the option to remove all the personal information and remove my profile
5. Removed any additional leftover directories for both Adobe and Firefox
6. Reinstalled Firefox - fresh start
7. Went to Adobe and installed the update (it worked!)
8. Imported the bookmarks
9. Reloaded my add-ons
Happy camper! Not sure why I had to do it, but basically needed a complete fresh start. Something in either my profile or perhaps an add-on was causing all the grief. I hope this helps anyone else with similar problems.
Thank you for the feedback!