18 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2013 11:20 AM by ltgriggs

Video editing

ltgriggs

How do we eliminate or blur out an object within a video?

• 1. Re: Video editing
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ltgriggs

Please indicate what version of Premiere Elements that you are using and the computer operating system on which it is running.

Please describe where these blurs are to occur...selected few seconds clip versus over a longer duration such as entire video?

With more information, we might explore:

Track Matte

Effects Mask (Back in 2011, I reported on how do multiple Effects Masks in one clip if it comes to that.)

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Video editing
            ltgriggs Level 1

Hi Romano,

The version is Adobe Premier Elements 11, and the computer operating system is windows 7.

The blur or mask would occur within the view covering an object that is stationary throughout the clip. We would like to cover or camouflage the object through the entire clip. I would also like to learn how to blur an object on select clips too if possible. A picture within the picture would work as well but we prefer the blur effect.

On YouTube I saw another example that was interesting but don’t know how to do this one either, it was a computer display that appears to flip down and begin to display other videos within the video, this was really neat!! Would like to learn how to do this as well.

Thank you

Lee

• 3. Re: Video editing
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Leon,

Since the Adobe Forums are open forums, there are spam'bot, that crawl here, looking for e-mail addresses. For that reason, we urge people to not post personal information at all.

I Replied to your original message, should you wish to Edit your post with the full sig. I would remove the telephone numbers, and the e-mail address. If necessary, I can do that for you,

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Video editing
                ltgriggs Level 1

Thanks for the heads-up Bill ☺

Lee

• 5. Re: Video editing
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Most welcome. I just did not want your InBox to be filled with spam.

When one of us does need to communicate via e-mail, we will mung the POP address in a manner similar to this: info AT huntphoto DOT com. The spam'bots will not see that as a POP address, but a human can figure out that AT = @ and DOT = . or they can be instructed to make those replacements.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Video editing
                    ltgriggs Level 1

That is brilliant!! I’m new at using open forums, your 2 short emails are very educational, I am very glad you let me know about the spam issue and the mung coding method.

Is there a manual showing you everything about how to use Adobe Premiere Elements 11?

Thank you

Lee

• 7. Re: Video editing
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Lee,

I highly recommend Steve Grisetti's Muvipix Guide to Adobe Premiere Elements 11, ISBN 9781479311231, http://astore.amazon.com/chuckengelsco-20/detail/1479311200

HIs followup book, Cool Tricks & Hot Tips, is well worth the price.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Video editing
                        ltgriggs Level 1

Great!! I’ll check it out.

Thank you

Lee

• 9. Re: Video editing
                          ltgriggs Level 1

Hi Bill,

Say I’m wondering if you could answer a question I have. Does PE 11 have the software capability to blur out an object in the background of a video I made. The presenter walks in front of that object several times during the video and the camera pans around or past the object as well, we don’t want to affect his image, just the background object. If so can you describe how this is done? The blurring would be through the entire short video, I’m using Windows 7.

Again Thanks for the help.

Lee

• 10. Re: Video editing
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

ltgriggs

Just getting to your thread at this time and finding that you and Hunt have been exchanging private emails to resolve your questions about

your topic

Since we do not have access to your private email communications with him on this matter, do you need any follow up from me on the what I suggested what we might explore to achieve your goal, as mentioned in the my post that immediately followed you thread post?

Please indicate what version of Premiere Elements that you are using and the computer operating system on which it is running.

Please describe where these blurs are to occur...selected few seconds clip versus over a longer duration such as entire video?

With more information, we might explore:

Track Matte

Effects Mask (Back in 2011, I reported on how do multiple Effects Masks in one clip if it comes to that.)

Thanks.

ATR

Also, please give more detail in this thread on the following if you want me to look into its application to what you wish to do using its principles.

If you need no additional input on this matter, please let me know in this thread.

On YouTube I saw another example that was interesting but don’t know how to do this one either, it was a computer display that appears to flip down and begin to display other videos within the video, this was really neat!! Would like to learn how to do this as well.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: Video editing
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

I have not exchanged an PM's, or e-mails, with Lee. In an earlier post, a lot of private information was attached, and probably via a signature from a POP client, or maybe from a smartphone. I called Lee's attention to that information, by Replying to his OP, which allowed him to still Edit that response, which he did. If I had Replied to that post, he would not have had the ability to Edit that information, but Steve G., or I could have done that for him.

My response, regarding a manual, etc., was with the info on Steve G's. Muvipix books.

No other info has been exchanged, at least not that I have seen.

Sorry for the confusion.

Hunt

• 12. Re: Video editing
                                ltgriggs Level 1

Guys,

Thanks for the attention, I wasnt expecting your quick responses.

ATR; yes I'm still hoping for a solution to editing the video quickly,

Bill, I've ordered those 2 books for future learning Thanks again.

Sorry for any confusion that I may have caused

Thanks

Lee

• 13. Re: Video editing
                                  ltgriggs Level 1

The video displays a presenter who walks in front of that background object several times during the video and the camera pans past the object as well, we don’t want to affect his image, just the background object. The blurring would be through the entire short video

• 14. Re: Video editing
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

ltgriggs

Back in 2011 I figured out how to use Premiere Elements Effects Mask multiple times within the same clip for a user with Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1. I am in the process of updating the matter whose original can be found at a forum that I no longer visit nor answer questions at.

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68871

There is a YouTube video from another person on the generalized topic demo'd on the basic technique with Premiere Elements 10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjdpNAzBYhw

In Premiere Elements 11 Expert view, see Clip Menu/Effects Mask. Or, right click the clip on the Timeline, and select Effects Mask/Apply. Use Applied Effects/Applied Effects Palette/Mask Panel expanded to edit the Effects Mask with its applied effect (blur, mosaic....).

My updating and posting of the details to my blog may take a few days so I thought that I would post the link to that 2011 thread so that you can determine if the approach will be something that you seek for your Premiere Elements 11 project.

More coming soon.

Thanks.

ATR

• 15. Re: Video editing
                                      ltgriggs Level 1

AT,

I'm feeling very hopeful, I believe your on the right track, will check these out and am sitting on the edge of my chair to see what you come up with.

Thanks

Lee

• 16. Re: Video editing
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

ltgriggs

Thanks.

I will try get the rest of the details and suggestions to you as soon as possible.

Lots of approaches. We just need to identify the one that works best for you. Often the best stems from a combination of approaches. But once you have all the details then you can tell how best to apply them to your specific situation.

ATR

• 17. Re: Video editing
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

ltgriggs

Still working away on my blog post which will relate to your interests in

I found the following Adobe Tech Note on your topic and thought that you might find it helpful in the exploration and experimentation that I have already suggested to you.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS09e4b3c48f3a79fc19b622510385d4355c-7d a3.html#WS09e4b3c48f3a79fc19b622510385d4355c-7da0

The Adobe basic techniques are there but it is not always possible to apply them to specific situations, but we do the best we can and hope that the footage that we have lends itself to achieving some measure of success with the basic techniques plus some creative adaptations..

ATR

• 18. Re: Video editing
                                            ltgriggs Level 1

Ok, I will look at this as well.

Thank you

Lee

Re: Video editing

created by A.T. Romano<http://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano> in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion<http://forums.adobe.com/message/5496801#5496801