1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 9, 2013 1:34 AM by sjpt

Why will my new second nook will not show in Adobe digital edition.

Lucion2736

I have an older Nook and just purchased a new NookHD and was going to give my older Nook to my wife but the second Nook will not show as attached in Adobe Digital Edition. Has anyone had this problem? I activated the new Nook with the same account number.

• 1. Re: Why will my new second nook will not show in Adobe digital edition.
          sjpt Level 4

I think a Nook HD is a tablet?

Tablets use Adobe DRM in a different way to dedicated eReaders.

Dedicated eReaders connect via ADE as you have seen with your old Nook.

They are authroized via ADE, to the same AdobeID ADE is using at the time.

Book copying to the device is done using ADE.

Tablets need to run an appropriate app, such as Bluefire or Aldiko, or Overdrive if you only want to read library books

The are authorized from within the app, and you need to use the same AdobeID as ADE is using if you want to share books.

Book copying to the device is done outside ADE, using a file manager such as Windows Explorer or Finder.

~~~

As far as I am aware, there are not any apps that run on tablets to make the tablet look like a dedicated eReader to ADE.

(If anyone knows that is wrong, please correct me.)