• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accidentally close my composition and then its gone missing.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally click on CLOSE ALL on the composition and then the composition is gone, i try to closed and open the file again, i cannot discovered that. How can i discover the composition? PLEASE HELP ME

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can open the project but you cannot see the composition window then go to your workspaces and pick reset workspace. You should see workspaces at the top right corner of AE.

If you still cannot see your composition then find the composition in the Project Panel and double click it.

If you cannot find your AE project on your hard drive then searh for recent files or files with the extension .aep

If you did not save your project then all is lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did save my project and i can open AE file I did try everything you suggested me but i still cannot find the composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the project panel? If not press Ctrl/Cmnd + 0

To reset your workspace go to Window>Workspace and pick another one or reset the one you are on.

Send us a screenshot of what you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen shot 2013-07-09 at 10.34.40 PM.pngScreen shot 2013-07-09 at 10.36.28 PM.pngScreen shot 2013-07-09 at 10.36.31 PM.pngScreen shot 2013-07-09 at 10.36.39 PM.png

Still dose not work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-click on any one of the compositions in your project panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen shot 2013-07-09 at 11.25.53 PM.png

You mean something like this, and then what can i do next?? because nothing happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here they are:

Unbenannt-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad we could help.

However, since this was a problem for you, it's apparent that you don't have a good foundation in the basics of After Effects. If you keep trying to use AE without getting a grasp of the basics, you will keep running into frustrations like this one.

This page is a great place to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, it works. thank you a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help me please. I accidentally hit close on the composition panel. After that I accidentally hit save. I've spend over 83 hours working on this project. This project is very important to me. This happened on Adobe After Effects. HELP! Please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What?  Huh?

You closed the comp.  You saved the project.  So open the project, and double-click on the comp in the project pane!

If you don't know how to do that, you really, Really, REALLY need to spend a lot of quality time here:

After Effects tutorials | Learn how to use After Effects CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, imagine acting like we are stupid because we don't know how to do something in after effects when it could be something really simple. Legit, we have to learn it first to know how to do it. It's not like you just automatically know how to do anything, you have to learn it first. Jeezz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

get a life dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

accidentally lost my composition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines