Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Misspelling search in Verity

Oct 09, 2007 Oct 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I'm building a services search for our county govt. and I have already implemented the "Did you mean:" list. And now I would like to incorporate into that same list options to search by alternate spellings. For instance, if someone enters "cheld" into the search field, the results will come back "cheld" not found. The results page should offer a list of alt spellings they can click on to execute a search by that alternate spelling.

Has anyone tried this? I don't want to use the <typo> evidence operator since that executes the search to find records by the alt spelling. I want to present the list first and then allow the user to go find the keyword(s).

Thanks for your advice.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2007 Oct 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think <typo> will do what you want. You could to the <typo> search and check the search results against the criteria. If the criteria is not in the search results, you could display the "Did you mean" message along with the list retrieved. If the criteria IS in the list, do the search again without the <typo> and display the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
We are using it and it works fairly well. Because verity does not work against any dictionary, but using the current index it's very adaptive regarding languages and special terms.

Here is an example:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation