Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player gone in IE after reboot / restart

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm nearly loosing my nerves - for 4 days I'm trying to fix it. First it affected Firefox, too, but http://forums.adobe.com/message/4323109#4323109 fixed the prob.

Now, IE 10 still has the problem. I'm using Win7 Home Premium on 64 bit. Flash Player installed is 11.8.800.94, installing as admin. I also tried creating a new user, but it didn't fix the prob. Also checked SmartScreenFilter and ActiveX Filter - everything ok there. Checking Addons says Shockwave Flash object is active, but it appears in All objects and not in Loaded objects. Sorry if I don't explain it good or use the wrong words, but my system is in German. I think the names of the menu items etc. are not exactly the same...

Hope someone can help me soon...?

Thanks for your help and kind regards,

Kitty

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly means "gone"; from Control Panel, from the install folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash, from the IE add-ons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

it has gone from IE. When I browse youtube or sth. like that, the page tells me to install the flash player. A look in the control panel > programms tells something different: here I can find the one for IE and the one for FF. The folder you mentioned seems to be ok - it is not empty (screenshot). WhatIsInC.JPG

In IE under Add ons, there is Shockwave Flash Object active but only when I switch to all Add ons. In IE internet options the rendering is set to software instead of GPU.

So why does Flash only work when it is installed, but after a reboot, youtube tells me to install flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found an old topic that describes the same symptoms as you see.  The resolution then was to check the Permissions for each file in the C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\Syswow64\Macromed\Flash folders, and make sure that at least Read & Execute is allowed for every user.  (Right-click on each file, Properties, Security tab.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines