• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get Flash Player download to pass Security Scan. Says the download file has a virus

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When downloading the Installation file, the download will not pass Security scan.  My AV is disabled durint this time and I have followed the steps regarding the Internet Security settings.  Still fails to pass Security Scan.  Using Windows Vista Professional with Internet Explorer 9.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Use Firefox to download it and you won't see the annyoing IE warnings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to download the offline installers from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

If you still have problems, I suspect that your system is infected with malware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just went through this (frustrating as all hell) with a new HP laptop that has Webroot A/V installed by the manufacturer. Webroot said:

1. Flashplayer Installer was "infected"... it quarantined and deleted it before I could run it.

2. Adobe Reader installer was "infected"... it quarantined and deleted it before I could run it.

3. Firefox Installer was "infected"... it quarantined and deleted it before I could run it.

4. Shockwave installer was "infected"... it quarantined and deleted it before I could run it.

5. My own brother's website, which I built, conatained "malicious content" - it DOESN'T and I know because I didn't put any in it when I built it.

I learned about a pitiful excuse for an antivirus program today. Until I completely disabled it I couldn't even install NECESSARY software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines