20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2013 1:54 PM by KurtWM RSS

Background missing when export to PDF CS5.5

Campaign Carlie Community Member

Hi,

I have seen some similar posts (all non-current) to the one I am writing however, my issues are not solved by the solutions posted in previous discussions.

My problem is that when I am exporting an IND file to PDF, when I open the PDF all of my background images are missing. In most examples this is a full page black box. But since testing this problem I have encountered the same issue with any colour and some photographs.

I am working in CS5.5, with all software up to date (version 7.5.3)

I have tested this in new documents and old documents that previously would have exported the background.

These items are not on master pages. I have tested this on brand spankin new pages and existing ones (with and without any elements on master pages)

I have tested the boxes with and without transparency.

There is no issue with overprint or the overprint preview check box.

I have tried saving the file as an .IDML and reopening to see if it will 'debug' the file. I have exported the PDF as every kind of option. I have restarted the computer and the program several times. I have checked for new updates.

The only way that I have 'cracked' this issue so far is to break the one large background image into at least 3 overlapping solid boxes. It seems that you cant have any box overlap more than 2 page boundaries.

Is anyone else having this problem or any other advice on what to try.

Thank you