1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 10, 2013 6:23 PM by xujieadobe

"CSAW version is not within the project range" - Whenever I Specify Any CS Version Range

mlavie Level 1

I just installed Extension Builder 2.1.

I want my extensions to run on CS5, CS5.5 and CS6.

Therefore, when I created my very first new Extension Builder project via the wizard, I specified that I wanted it to run on CS5, as the text below the drop-down stated explicitly that CS5.5, CS6 and CC would all be supported as well. I chose defaults for the rest of the wizard and pressed <finish>,

So far, so good.

Then, I opened up the Bundle Manifest Editor.

Bad idea...

Upon opening, the Bundle Manifest Editor immediately displayed a yellow warning message at the top of the Bundle Manifest Editor dialog, stating "CSAW version is not within the project range". I find this strange, since the New Project wizard for the Extension Builder project most specifically stated that a project targeting CS5 would support all later versions. So I tried lowering the dialog's Max Version dropdpwn from CC to CS6. No joy. I tried lowering it to CS5.5. Still no joy. Only when I lowered the max version down to CS5 did the horrific yellow warning message go away.

I might add that the same holds true if I create a project for CS5.5, in which case my Min AND Max have to be CS5.5. If I specify Max=CS6, then I get the same yellow message,

Could someone please explain this to me? What am I doing wrong?

TIA,

mlavie