4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2007 6:53 PM by gwizzla

CFML Editor not available

MarkAltenbernd
      I installed Flex Builder 2, then downloaded and installed the CFEclipse plugin, and then restarted FB. I selected File > New > Other, then chose CFEclipse > CFML Project, and completed the dialog to create a new project. When I clicked the Finish button, I got the dialog asking if I wanted to switch to the CFEclipse perspective, and I clicked Yes. This popped up an error dialog saying "Problems opening perspective 'org.cfeclipse.cfml.perspective.CFML'"; thus there was no real perspective, no editor open, although the project was created.

Next I double-clicked on an existing CFC and got this message: "Unable to create this part due to an internal error. Reason for the failure: The editor class could not be instantiated. This usually indicates that the editor's class name was mistyped in plugin.xml." When I clicked the Destails>> button, I got a long list of messages beginning with this: "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.cfeclipse.cfml.editors.CFMLEditor".

I'm not sure where to turn on this: should this question be adressed here at Adobe, or does it belong with CFEclipse? Has anyone else seen this problem, and does anyone know of a fix or workaround?