• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creating and saving an excel file to server

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2007 Oct 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built an application for a daily email reminder for students taking courses. At the bottom of the page I added a cfmail that sends an email to myself and lists some minor details about the report. This works fine. What I would like to do is use the query information that I've pulled and send that to an excel spreadsheet to save on the server that I could then add as an attachment with a cfmailparam to the email that sends to me. Sounds easy enough.

I've tried cfcontent, cfsavecontent and cffile action="write" and I still don't see any file on the server. Am I missing something or not understanding these tags? Below is the various code that I've tried with a brief response of what I received. But at no time did the cfmail have an attachement. Any help with what I'm doing wrong is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Wendy
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 10, 2007 Oct 10, 2007
I did get cffile to work. I changed so many things but I think the real solution was the path on the server (Ours has two letters - one in paranthesis which I was using and the true path which for this server was D:\. Here's what I used if anyone else needs help with this. It works fine now. It creates a file on the server that I can now attach in my cfmail to see the daily scheduled run programs. - Great for debugging and monitering.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2007 Oct 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore my cfmailparam tag. I typoed the file path but with whatever path I use I don't see a file on the server to attach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2007 Oct 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I did get cffile to work. I changed so many things but I think the real solution was the path on the server (Ours has two letters - one in paranthesis which I was using and the true path which for this server was D:\. Here's what I used if anyone else needs help with this. It works fine now. It creates a file on the server that I can now attach in my cfmail to see the daily scheduled run programs. - Great for debugging and monitering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation