2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2013 9:52 AM by ccmnehpets

Adding/Populating Subforms from SQL Table Records

greendesk123 Level 1

Hello,

I have a form I produced on LiveCycle Designer ES2.   I don't have a LiveCycle Server product. I am learning how to code using LiveCycle.

The form has a subform ("Contactssubform") with the following fields: "FirstName", "MiddleName", and "LastName".   There is a dataconnection ("ContactsSQLTableDataConnection") between the form and a SQL table ("ContactsSQLTable") - the table has fields "TableFirstName", "TableMiddleName", and "TableLastName.  I want to be able to press a button on the form, and have the the # of instances of the Contacts subform be the same as the # of records in ContactsSQLTable.   I then want the each Contactssubform instance filled with a record from ContactsSQLTable.

How do I code this in the Button click event?

I've done a lot of research in the forums/internet to try and figure out the code, but haven't been able to do so.  I would have thought one could do something like this:

-Loop through the records of the ContactsSQLTable

-Add an Instance of the Contacts Subform for each record

-Fill in the fields in the subform instance with the data form the table record

e.g.

xfa.sourceSet.ContactsSQLTableConnection.Records.first;

for (x=1;x<xfa.sourceSet.ContactsSQLTableConnection.Records.Length;x++)

{

xfa.Formpage.Contactssubform.AddInstance(1);

xfa.Formpage.Contactssubform.FirstName = xfa.sourceSet.ContactsSQLTableConnection.Record.TableFirstName;

xfa.Formpage.Contactssubform.MiddleName = xfa.sourceSet.ContactsSQLTableConnection.Record.TableMiddleName;

xfa.Formpage.Contactssubform.LastName = xfa.sourceSet.ContactsSQLTableConnection.Record.TableLastName;

xfa.sourceSet.ContactsSQLTableConnection.Records.next;

}

I see instead I should be looping through the nodes of the data connection(?)  Having trouble understanding how to do that.

Thank you for any assistance with this.

Andrew