7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2013 7:15 PM by Christine Holzmann

How to choose correct version of editing app when choosing to edit image from within InDesign?

Christine Holzmann Level 1

Hi all,

Normally when I wish to edit an image that is in a layout in InDesign I either press option-click on the image or I ctrl-click on the image and choose to edit it using Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC or whatever app I need to use at any specific time. Well, I also have backups going that backup my entire system and so all of my applications get backed up as well.

Well, what is happening now (since today) is that when I choose to edit the image, it is opening Photoshop (or Illustrator, etc.) from my BACK-UP drive and not within the app on my main drive. So, even tho' I already have Photoshop open as I am working in InDesign, when I try to edit an image it will open up the BACKUP copy of Photoshop AS well I have tried to choose "other" when ctrl-clicking on the image and choosing to edit...but when I navigate over to where Photoshop is on my main drive, I cannot choose the main app because it seems to show the main Photoshop app as a folder with the package contents therein.

How on earth can I correct the path to the correct version of Photoshop where I need to do the editing?? I now have to go about things a roundabout way by navigating to where the image is in the finder (via ctrl-clicking on the image link in the LINKS panel and choosing "show in finder") but this is taking twice as long:(( It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have as many images I need to work with that I currently do.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated:))

Thank you kindly,

Christine