5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2013 7:14 PM by station_two

ACR Problem

alanpell

I'm using ACR 8.1, Photoshop CS6. After making all adjustments to a RAW file, I open the Workflow Options dialog box to resize the photo, but no alternative sizes are available in the drop down menu, only the default size (in this case, 16.1 MB for a Nikon NEF). Any ideas?

• 1. Re: ACR Problem
          Level 5

Click on the Resize to Fit button of the Image Sizing box and click on the arrows at the end of the button to bring up a pop-up menu where you can choose the parameters, then type in the desired values in the fields below that button (which are covered by the pop-up menu inn the screen shot):

and_Workflow_Options_and_Camera_Raw_8.1__-__Pentax__istD.png

Wouldn't hurt to read the Help files and other documentation or watch video tuts on Adobe TV to find out what's new.

• 2. Re: ACR Problem
            alanpell Level 1

i was used to doing things the old way - with a pick list of sizes. truth be told, i prefer the old way.

thanks for your answer - just another case of RTFM.

• 3. Re: ACR Problem
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The old way only allowed a few common ratios of the original size so wasn’t generally useful.  Now Adobe allows you to enter in whatever size you want; however, at the moment, there is a bug that ignores sharpening and/or noise-reduction if the resize-ratio is too small—similar to the bug in Lightroom 5 affecting exports less than 1/3 the original size—so it appears Adobe share “code” between LR and ACR and shared the bug(s) as well.

• 4. Re: ACR Problem
                Designer Photo

Funny, I used it almost everyday. Found it very useful.

Wish it was available instead of being disgarded because some found it 'wasn't generally useful".

• 5. Re: ACR Problem
                  Level 5

It's for the sake of progress and functionality.  The developer has to take the lead.

“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”  — Henry Ford

Makes for a good quote even if it's made up.