6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2013 1:25 PM by Kevin-Monahan

Multicam Sequence Audio has no edits

jlayers

When I'm in record in the multicam window and I start selecting different video angles the video edits occur in the multicam sequence but the audio has no edits. I have audio follows video selected but the audio never changes. I tried this on three diiferent systems here at work with the same results. All the systems are mac running 10.7.4 with Premiere CS6.0.2

I've watched numerous tutorials on multicam editing and in all the videos there are edit points in the audio track whenever a new angle is selected.

Am I doing something wrong

multicam.jpg

• 1. Re: Multicam Sequence Audio has no edits
          jlayers Level 1

After doing a bunch of trial and error I was finally able to get some answers. I called up adobe and confirmed that they were able to reproduce the problem and they did it on a PC.

The multicam procedure that is outlined by adobe doesn't work. I was setting in points on my clips, highlighting those clips, right clicking and selecting "create multicamera source sequence"

From here I would open that sequence in the timeline and enable all my audio tracks. Next I would create a new sequence from the multicam sequence, open the multicam monitor and start recording. If you do this you'll notice the audio track never creates any edits even if you have "Audio follows video" enabled in the multicam monitor. Adobe reproduced this on their end.

My work around:

1: Create a normal sequence

2: Line up all you videos

3: Create a new sequence from this sequence

4: Right click the video track and enable multicam

5: Open the multicam monitor and record

Now the audio edits will occur. I hope this helps anyone else who has struggled with this issue

• 2. Re: Multicam Sequence Audio has no edits
            jlayers Level 1

I opened a ticket with Adobe about this problem on July 12th and they haven't even responded or said that they are looking into it. Adobe's support is aweful. I'm considereing the switch back to Avid.

• 3. Re: Multicam Sequence Audio has no edits
              cscooper2013 Level 2

Yes.  This is that is work-around.  Try these forums before Adobe tech support.  A lot of great help here.

• 4. Re: Multicam Sequence Audio has no edits
                Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi jlayers,

Sorry you had trouble with our support rep. Is this a problem you had with documentation? It sounds like you were able to get done what you wanted. Shoot me a PM if you need assistance.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 5. Re: Multicam Sequence Audio has no edits
                  jlayers Level 1

You guys are missing the point. It doesn't matter if there is a workaround. You should be fixing the issue with your multicam function. I had to figure out the work around for myself. I'm an engineer at universal studios and you're support treats me like a red headed stepchild

• 6. Re: Multicam Sequence Audio has no edits
                    Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi jlayers,

I take it you are indicating that "Audio Follows Video" isn't functioning as expected. I've noted the behavior. It would be helpful if anyone experiencing this bug to file a report:

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Sorry again for any trouble.

Thanks,

Kevin