4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2013 3:11 PM by A.T. Romano

Film on clips in Element 11

AVPS425

Can anyone assist in telling me how to remove a black film over clips in timeline in Premiere Elements 11. 

• 1. Re: Film on clips in Element 11
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Can you give us a bit more details?

What exactly do you mean by "a black film over clips"? Are you saying that there is a separte black video clip overlaying your existing clips? Or that your original video is too dark and you want to lighten it? Or that your original footage looks good, but that it looks darker in Premiere Elements?

if you can provide a screen capture of your project timeline, even better.

Meantime, be sure to tell us what model of camcorder your video is coming from and what format and resolution it is.

• 2. Re: Film on clips in Element 11
            AVPS425 Level 1

I think it is a 24pDV pull down but the area is grayed out so I can't remove it.

Sent from my iPhone

• 3. Re: Film on clips in Element 11
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I really need to know what model of camcorder this video is coming from and what format and resolution this video is. Also, it might help to know how you got this video from the camcorder to your computer and if it was over a FireWire or USB connection.

Premiere Elements, by they, can not natively edit 24p DV-AVI footage.

• 4. Re: Film on clips in Element 11
                A.T. Romano Level 7

AVPS425

Besides that questions that SG is asking, could you post a screenshot of your Timeline showing the video on the Timeline and its display in the Edit Mode Monitor?

Thanks.

ATR