2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2013 1:01 PM by dkaplowitz

Key command to move a clip to next or previous track?

dkaplowitz Level 1

hi there. lots of amazing improvements in CC, thanks to Adobe for implementing.

In the old FCP, using alt-up arrow or down arrow would move a clip quickly up or down a track in the timeline. This I miss. Is there an equivalent that I'm missing?

david

• 1. Re: Key command to move a clip to next or previous track?
          Mark Mapes Adobe Employee

Yes. Or I should say "maybe," depending on how exactly you expect this to behave. Try out the "Nudge Clip Selection Down" and "Nudge Clip Selection Up" commands, which are new to CC. With an audio-only or video-only selection, it's very straightforward.

With a selection consisting of audio and video, these commands function in an absolute "up/down" way. Say the selection is on V2/A2. Nudge Up will move both parts up, resulting in V3/A1. (And if the selection is on V1/A1, then neither command will do anything because either way you try to go, one of them is bumping against the center divider, so to speak. In this case, you'll the get the tooltip "Media limit on <Audio/or/Video> 1")

What you can't do is move all parts of a selection up/down relative to track number, say from V2/A2 to V3/A3. If that's what you're looking for, please submit a feature request: https://www.adobe.com/go/wish/

• 2. Re: Key command to move a clip to next or previous track?
            dkaplowitz Level 1

that is PERFECT - thanks a million. I generally just need it to move a single clip up or down & out of the way so that works great—THANK YOU!!!