4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2013 8:42 AM by Erica N

No sound on video clips on timeline

Erica N Level 1

There is the back ground sound when I select a clip to edit. But when I drag it onto the timeline, the sound disappears.

Can someone help me with this problem?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: No sound on video clips on timeline
          SAFEHARBOR11 Most Valuable Participant

Can you tell us more about the type of clips, source?

How were the clips imported? With new tapeless formats, it is best to use the Media Browser in Premiere, rather than a straight Import. Copy entire contents of media card to hard drive, then find clips in Media Browser. This ensures that all metadata and linkage to audio and such comes through.

Also, try dragging a clip onto the New Item button at lower right of Project bin - this will create a New Sequence to match your source clip. This might help.

Just thought of something - look at lower right of Premiere, is it conforming audio? That can sometimes take a while depending on clip format and you may not have sound until that completes, check for a yellow progress bar.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

• 2. Re: No sound on video clips on timeline
            Alex Affonso

Where are you dragging from? The Project or the Source panel?

If you are dragging from the Source panel, make sure you're not using the options to drag just Video (or just Audio). Give us some more information about the version of Premiere you're using and the type of file you're importing/ dragging, including the audio format. This could help me understand your issue better and try to help you solve it.

• 3. Re: No sound on video clips on timeline
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information
              -Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

• 4. Re: No sound on video clips on timeline
                Erica N Level 1

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I tried opening the programme again and there was sound this time, so I might have clicked on an option which disabled the sound while experimenting.