17 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2017 7:08 AM by Trenillo

Premiere Elements 11 crashes while loading ImporterQuickTime.pm

Numediaweb Level 1

Hi all!

I'm facing a problem with Adobe Premiere elements 11.0 whenever I launch it (even launched directly without passing the organizer's launch screen) it stops while loading ImporterQuickTime.pm.

Loading ImporterQuickTime.pm.png

Here's my PC specifications:

• Windows 7 32bit
      • Ram 2GB
      • Intel Dueo CPU 2.20GHZ
      • SIS Mirage 3 Graphics adapter
      • QuickTime version: 7.7.4 (latest)

Is there a troubleshooting steps or logs where I can find the culprit?

Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 11 crashes while loading ImporterQuickTime.pm
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This is the full version of Premiere Elements, right? Not the trial. And can you confirm that youv'e NEVER been able to open it?

First, ensure that you've installed the 32-bit and not the 64-bit version of the software.

Second -- I'd highly recommend you upgrade to a full 4 gig of RAM. 2 gig is just about enough to run Windows and some basic software. For an intensive program like Premiere Elements, you want the full load of memory.

Finally, this seems like a pretty minimal computer. You don't say how much free space is on your hard drive, but if it's less than 30 gigs, that could also be choking your system.

Uninstall Premiere Elements. Run Windows Disk Cleanup and the Defragmenter. And you may want to replace your antivirus program with the terrific free Microsoft Security Essentials. Then reinstall the software. See if that helps.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 11 crashes while loading ImporterQuickTime.pm
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Numerdiaweb

This type of issue does not seem unique to Premiere Elements 11, and I am not certain that this is one answer to a fix.

The person with this type of issue is usually put through the drill

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/951360

which includes

a. Is latest version of QuickTime installed? If you have the latest version, have you tried uninstalling reinstalling it?

b. Is your video card driver up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

c. Do you have the latest Windows Updates and was all working before the Windows Updates?

I ran into this issue with Premiere Elements 11 on Window 7 64 bit. The only thing that worked everytime to get beyond this block for me was to go to the Task Manager/Processes and End Process for a Process named ElementsOrganizerSyncAgent.exe. The irony of it was that this .exe was located in the Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 files on the hard drive. I have since deactivated, uninstalled, reinstalled Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 and the problem has not reappeared.

With the possibility of undefinited corrupted files, you might want to look at"

a. Deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file or the whole Folder that it exists in Windows 7 64 bit...(you may need to translate these details into 32 bit system...please ask for help if you need that...

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. As I mentioned, if just the Prefs files has no impact, then try deleting that 11.0 Folder that it exists in.

Remember to have Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives on so that you can see the path involved.

That 2 GB installed RAM caught my attention, but I would think that you would be able to get beyond that QuickTime message even at that. But do look into increasing that 2 GB RAM to at least 4 GB (which is the maximum supported for 32 bit system).

Let us start here and see if any of the above leads to the solution.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...I was unaware of SG's post in your thread until after I had posted mine.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 11 crashes while loading ImporterQuickTime.pm
              Numediaweb Level 1

Thanks guys for your answers.

I already know that you would ask for graphic card driver and update of QT.. I have to admit that this machine is a little bit old and "weak" in terms of Memory and hard drive space (24GB free space on C drive)... However my configuration still meets the minimal Adobe Premiere Elements 11 / Tech specs.

I checked the topic http://forums.adobe.com/thread/951360 but no answer was given at the end; flageborg   who asked the question switched to CyberLink PowerDirector 11 and then, months later, he fired premier and it works fine without knowing why!

I deleted prefs too but still.. it hangs.

Ain't there no bug tracker or crash report implemented by default onto Premiere elements? This is a must have in order to troubleshoot bugs.

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 11 crashes while loading ImporterQuickTime.pm
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

24 gigs of free space isn't really enough to open the program and do any editing, Numedia.

And remember that the specs software companies post are usually WAAAAY minimum. In fact, I would never recommend using a computer that doesn't have at least twice the recommended minimums.

I'll bet that, if you upped to 4 gigs of RAM, cleared off a good 30 gigs of free space, did a good Disk Cleanup and defragmented your computer, the program would open right up for you.

You still won't have much room for any real video editing -- but at least the program will open!

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 11 crashes while loading ImporterQuickTime.pm
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Numediaweb

Apparently you have gotten through the install part but get hung up trying to launch the program and are stopped at that Installer QuickTime.prm.

The only logs that I have seen mentioned are for installation troubleshooting. Have not tried them. But the link to them is:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-install-using-logs-elements.html

It is my understanding that Adobe allows for free troubleshooting related to purchased/registered/current version. You might want to inquire with Adobe as to your rights in this matter. That does not prohibit you from continuing to troubleshoot the matter here. Adobe might have some yet undocumented information related to this problem.

Did you have any luck with the Task Manager/Processes and identifying any ElementsOrganizerSyncAgent.exe that might be involved?

I also have Windows XP Professional SP3 32 bit and single core, 1 GB RAM installed. Yet I can get Premiere Elements 11 installed and opened to a new project. Just how much more I can get done after that is highly speculative since besides the low RAM, the free hard drive space is about 42 GB. The topper is that I have QuickTime Alternative 1.81 installed (not the latest version of QuickTime) since I use MPEG Streamclip on that computer as well. But Premiere Elements works OK with QuickTime Alternative 1.81.

More later.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 11 crashes while loading ImporterQuickTime.pm
                    GiScreen Level 1

Hoping to be of help, I report my experience with the same problem with Premiere Elements 11 and Windows-7 64 bit.

Following this and another thread I found an updated Driver for my graphic card (NVIDIA GT555M) and installed it. Then I verified to have the latest version of QuickTime and all Windows Updates. I also deactivated AVG 2014 antivirus.

Nothing changed.

I uninstalled Quicktime. No effect.

I unistalled Premiere Elements 11 and then reinstalled it. No effect. However this time when launched the software took all of my 4Gb RAM and crashed at the same way.

Then I was a bit more radical.

I unistalled Premiere Elements 11, deleting all the files from the User directory (without touching Organised) and from the program folder.

I unistalled SmartSound (both the program and the Elements' Plugin).

Then manually I went on the Window's Register and using RegEdit found and deleted all the Premiere Elements 11 (I've also Premiere Elements 9 installed and working on my PC) entries in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

I launched a software to check, clean and validate the Window's Registry (fixing some entries related to Premiere Elements 11).

Then I unistalled also AVG 2014 removing all settings from the installer.

At this time I rebooted the PC and 2 Windows Updates were notified and I installed them.

I then installed Adobe Premiere Elements and magically it started smooth.

Keeping fingers crossed I finally re-installed AVG and QuickTime and it still works.

Good look

PS

Indeed a way to report the error is by using the Administrator Tools of Windows-7, going to the Events Viewer (I am not sure this is its English name). Here you will notice 2 errors appearing every time Premiere Elements crashes, which can be exprted as text. Maybe thay can be of use for Adobe.I attach a screenshot, unfortunately it is in Italian, but is shows also a "WorkspaceManager.dll" interested by the problem.

Windows-7_EventsViewer(ITA).jpg

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 11 crashes while loading ImporterQuickTime.pm
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

GiScreen

Thanks for the report on all the troubleshooting that you put into resolving your issue with Premiere Elements 11 and Installer QuickTime.prm.

Interesting information. Thank you.

Since July 2013, my stoppage at installer QuickTime stopped happening. I have not been able to pin point a specific computer/programs happening(s) to account for that good fortune.

So, it is good to put together whatever positive troubleshooting that exists on this matter to try to get a better understanding of what this is all about.

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 11 crashes while loading ImporterQuickTime.pm
                        Yuprules Level 1

I know this is an old thread but I FOUND the answer:

MAPPED DRIVES for your Documents folder in Windows, Adobe hates them (even for Adobe Reader when you try to update it).

Set the Documents folder of your Windows Vista/7/8 back to the default one (located in the C:\Users folder) and volia, it loads with no crashes!

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 11 crashes while loading ImporterQuickTime.pm
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Yuprules

Interesting report.

In my case, I never had mapped drives when the Premiere Elements stopped loading at "Importer QuickTime.prm".

ATR           

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 11 crashes while loading ImporterQuickTime.pm
                            BillyPavlos Level 1

Yeah baby! You found it the easy way Well moving my Documents totally helped! Thank youuu !!!

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements 11 crashes while loading ImporterQuickTime.pm
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

billypavlos

Thanks for your contribution to this thread on what worked for you. Great news.

But, could you give some background as to version of Premiere Elements and computer system involved in your case?

Thanks.

ATR

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements 11 crashes while loading ImporterQuickTime.pm
                                BillyPavlos Level 1

Premiere Pro CC

Intel T4300 2.10G Dual-core

4Gb Ram

Windows 8 64bit

Its an old Dell Inspiron but I still manage to work some things

• 13. Re: Premiere Elements 11 crashes while loading ImporterQuickTime.pm
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

BillyPavlos

Thanks for the background information regarding your ImporterQuickTime.prm issue.

This Adobe Premiere Elements Forum thread that we are in focused on a ImporterQuickTime.prm issue in Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 32 bit.

• Windows 7 32bit
                                  • Ram 2GB
                                  • Intel Duo CPU 2.20GHZ
                                  • SIS Mirage 3 Graphics adapter
                                  • QuickTime version: 7.7.4 (latest)

Good to know that the ImporterQuickTime.prm issue that you encountered was for a different program, Premiere Pro CC, in another computer environment

Intel T4300 2.10G Dual-core

4Gb Ram

Windows 8 64bit

ATR

• 14. Re: Premiere Elements 11 crashes while loading ImporterQuickTime.pm
                                    Armandd123 Level 1

I have had the same issue with elements 11 on windows 7 x64 on a network.  I do use re-directed documents, however I got the same issue without documents re-directed.

What worked for me:

Right click the shortcut that the installer placed on your desktop.

Select Properties.

Choose Compatibility

Ensure there is a tick in "Run as Administrator" and select Compatible with operating system "Windows 7".

Technically, neither of these settings SHOULD make a difference as I WAS using an administrator account, AND windows 7, but it was indeed the setting that fixed it for me - for 30 computers, all affected, all resolved.

Good luck!

Armand

• 15. Re: Premiere Elements 11 crashes while loading ImporterQuickTime.pm
                                      bigd1001 Level 1

Hi

I work at a school where the machines had this same issue and it was bugging my boss for weeks (before I started) and me for the last 3 days.

I can only tell you what worked for me, but the bottom line here is that Adobe Premiere Elements is trying to talk to the outside world and/or itself (depending on which blogs I read) and only once it finishes/fails does it boot up Premiere Elements.

It has nothing to do with what it is loading, simply that the ImporterQuicktime is the last Plug-In it loads before it goes off to talk to the cloud/servers/other applications (which in case you wondered are QT32 Server and DynamicLinkManager).

To stop this from doing it and allow Premiere Elements to load up (I am on 11.0) I added an entry in to my hosts file on all affected machines:

127.0.0.1     static.photoshop.com

Now to me, being an IT Technician, this shouldnt make a difference as we are running Premiere, but it did! It now loads up for the kids on the machines in seconds rather than minutes.

I also set the shortcut to run Elements.ext NOT Elements11.exe so as to sidestep the stupid Welcome Screen as we have mandatory profiles so it doesnt remember if the kids tell it to open Editor directly.

I hope this helps for you, I never normally post on these forums but I had to put this on here in the hope it helps other people!

Thanks

Steve

• 16. Re: Premiere Elements 11 crashes while loading ImporterQuickTime.pm
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve

Thanks for reporting what worked for you, putting together an Importer QuickTime problem and editing of the Notepad document of the hosts file.

The editing of the Notepad document of the hosts file has been reported in other workflows previously, using the 127.0.01 static.photoshop.com entry into the hosts file. One place

Photoshop Elements Startup Problem

Have you seen that?

Creating desktop shortcut for the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe is fine for bypassing the Welcome Screen.

Just in case note, you can achieve the same using the Welcome Screen settings

WelcomeScreen.jpg

Glad the students are moving forward with their Premiere Elements 11 projects. Great job.

ATR

• 17. Re: Premiere Elements 11 crashes while loading ImporterQuickTime.pm
                                          Trenillo Level 1

Yes this absolutely just worked for me. Thank you so much for your answer, because this was driving me up the wall.