• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

top.frames[1].bsscright.location

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am modifying whtbar.js and need an alternative to top.frames[1].bsscright.location that would work in Chrome.

function ViewTopicInPrintWindow()

{

// opens the current topic htm file in a new window for printing

var strCurPage = top.frames[1].bsscright.location;

strCurPage += "?print=true"

var newWindow = window.open(strCurPage, newWindow, "toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,menubar=yes,scrollbars=yes");

}

This works fine in IE/FF but does not work in Chrome.

Specifically Chrome does not understand top.frames[1].bsscright.location; and the javascript just stops executing at that line and does not open up a new window.

I could change that to something like document.location and then the code works and the window actually opens but with the wrong HTM file: whskin_tbars.htm.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

The issue seems to be that Chrome does not allow access to other frames as a security measure. The Print View button is in the top bar so can only access the location of the skin HTM file.

I have a Show/Hide TOC + To Top persistent floating icons at the left middle of the topic pane. So in Chrome the user can hide the RoboHelp framework and show only the topic if they need to print.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue seems to be that Chrome does not allow access to other frames as a security measure. The Print View button is in the top bar so can only access the location of the skin HTM file.

I have a Show/Hide TOC + To Top persistent floating icons at the left middle of the topic pane. So in Chrome the user can hide the RoboHelp framework and show only the topic if they need to print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Rh are you using and where is the help installed?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've verified that this is an issue related to Chrome as opposed to RoboHelp, the newer/newest versions do not help. The help is designed to be run locally or from a network share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp