• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 10 Performance is slow as molasses

Participant ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am runnig RH 10 on a super suped-up PC.

24GB memory

64 Bit os, Win 7

4 cores

8 threads, but I am only seeing activity corresponsing to RH on one thread.

The original Word files I imported are on the network, but the RH project is local on a large C drive that has 1.6 TB free capacity.

A simple Webhelp conversion takes hours, when I am used to waiting minutes. Any ideas? I D K how I will live with this performance.

TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you need an upgraded machine.

With that spec the problem is not going to be the PC so what else?

First open one of the sample projects and generate an output from that. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

If that exhibits the same problem, the most likely cause I can think of is how your virus checking is set up. Our IT once configured every file to be virus checked when accessed even on the local machine. What you describe was the result. They were able to change that and work resumed.

Can you check a project offsite as that would pinpoint / rule out your environment? Rh does allow a second installation but for this purpose you would not need to activate it.

Where is the project installed?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here's the story.

Symptoms were as described, however in addition searching function failed in final output.

Probelm found: I had attached several PDF documents by link in a addenda to one of the chapters in the project.

Created a new project and saved/compiled at every step. When I linked those PDFs the whole thing went in the mud.

One troubling lesson I learned was that simply deleting links did not fix the problem on subsequent build. Nor did deleting the PDFs from the project folder help. Had to recompose the entire project to get it scrubbed clean.

Now the project compiles in about 1 minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this happens again, rather than recreate the project, try just deleting the CPD file and reopening the project.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp