8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2013 11:32 PM by JoeyJonaitis2

PP CC MASSIVE ISSUES!

JoeyJonaitis2

I am having some massive issues in PP CC... While importing clips through the media browser it crashes.. While linking media in the Link Media window, it crashes, 8 times out of 10.. While Warp stabilizing, it crashes. I have updated all drivers and PP it's self.. I *expository* hate Premiere right now. Any one have simmilar issues?

• 1. Re: PP CC MASSIVE ISSUES!
          shooternz Level 6

Not me.

• 2. Re: PP CC MASSIVE ISSUES!
            JoeyJonaitis2 Level 1

Really? With MOV footage it is having the hardest time.. IDK what is going on. Our CS6 machine has no such issues.

• 3. Re: PP CC MASSIVE ISSUES!
              Jim_Simon Level 8

Been very stable for me on two systems.

(Of course, I never use QuickTime anything.)

• 4. Re: PP CC MASSIVE ISSUES!
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

• 5. Re: PP CC MASSIVE ISSUES!
                  JoeyJonaitis2 Level 1

Sorry for my lack of details. I am getting rather frustrated.

i7 3770     3.4

Gigabyte Z77 Mobo

32gb Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600 RAM

250gb Samsung SSD

4x 2TB Seagate 7200 HDDs in RAID 0 (Yes I know it isn't backed up, we have that part covered)

Nvidia Quadro K4000 (3gb vram)

I see most of the issues starting when I strated using ffMpeg to covertet my 1D-C .mov's to prores 422

It is only happening with a few clips, and I wonder if they are some how corrupted from the transcoding process.

I was really just posting here to see how everyone else was doing, if the software is pretty stable otherwise, then it is a issue I can figure out.

• 6. Re: PP CC MASSIVE ISSUES!
                    projectmodern Level 1

"I was really just posting here to see how everyone else was doing, if the software is pretty stable otherwise, then it is a issue I can figure out."

It's not very stable in my case.

Crashes a lot in just simple editing use. I think it's a video card /driver / Mercury engine for me, but I have no idea what to do to solve it other than throw money at another video card or something.

I have an approved card (HD6950) and have tried several versions of drivers with no success. Computer is rock solid in all other use.

• 7. Re: PP CC MASSIVE ISSUES!
                      AVGizmo

Had the exact same issue, and it turned out that my Quicktime codecs were old (even though they were supposedly up-to-date). Follow this post to refresh your Quicktime codecs:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/3/942618

Good luck!

• 8. Re: PP CC MASSIVE ISSUES!
                        JoeyJonaitis2 Level 1

updating my codecs helped. But I came up with a simple proxy workflow that helps a lot.

Using Mpeg Streamclip I batch convert all of my 1D-C 4k .mov's to h264 in a .mov wrapper.

In order to maintain the original aspect ratio (from 4096 x 2160), transcode these proxies to (1920x1013). **make sure you maintain the same file names and extention

I put the proxies in a folder called online and in a folder next to them, I put the real 4k footage in a folder called offline.

c/Projects/"Project Name"/Footage/Online

c/Projects/"Project Name"/Footage/Offline

Then I go into into PP and import all of my proxy footage (so far no issues importing these files what so ever) Create the sequences to be the original size 4096 x 2160 and place a few clips on the timeline. Then select all the imported clips and right click, select scale to frame size. This will allow you to work in a real 4k timeline with 4k keyframes, but with nice, easy, 1080p footage.

Once your edit looks nice, and is timed up to the music and what not, go into your project folder and rename "online" to "proxy" and "offline" to "online". This will switch what files PP uses and automatically switch you back to using your real 4k files in the timeline. From here,  color grade and export. You can always switch the file names back for real time playback.

Hope this helps someone out.