3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2013 1:40 PM by A.T. Romano

Format preview window PE11

fredowww66 Level 1

Is it possible to give the preview window (that's the one that opens when you double click on a clip in the projects asset panel) PE11 a bigger default size? It opens so small and evertime resizing this window is not funny ...

• 1. Re: Format preview window PE11
          nealeh Level 5

I'm not aware of any place you can change this. Are you working on a screen with a very high native resolution and/or small dot pitch - that is usually why many screen elements in application software display visually appear small. On a smaller screen with lower resolution and/or large dot pitch the same display element can look too large!

[EDIT]You could try lowering your screen resolution, but anything other than native resolution (assuming you are on an LCD type screen) will make everything look soft.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children.

• 2. Re: Format preview window PE11
            fredowww66 Level 1

I just bought a new screen 24" hd resolution, but as I wrote, also before I everytime changed first the size of the previewwindow. And my old screen was only 19" with a not so high resolution.

In my opinion, the preview assets windows should be standard about the same size as the preview window of the timeline footage.

• 3. Re: Format preview window PE11
              A.T. Romano Level 7

fredowww66

You wrote

Is it possible to give the preview window (that's the one that opens when you double click on a clip in the projects asset panel) PE11 a bigger default size?

Although I can resize the Preview Window which has those Set In and Set Out points when the Preview Window is opened, it will not retain that resize configuration once it is closed within the project. And, it consequently retains no memory of the resized configuration from project to new project.

On the other hand, I find that if I resize Project Assets Palette, it retains its resize confirmation (closing/reopening) within the project as well as from project to project.

Just a little trivia regarding monitor resolution. I have a Windows XP Desktop computer that I recently put into operation and made a VGA connection from it to the monitor that I am using for Windows 7 64 bit Desktop. The Windows 7 Monitor has a native resolution of 1440 x 900 (19 inch Widescreen). When I opened Premiere Elements 11 Windows XP, I had forgotten to go to its Display to set there for 1440 x 900 to replace the lower resolution values of the monitor that I used previously with Windows XP.

The result was a good looking Premiere Elements 11 workspace, but with the tabs at the bottom of the interface ending with "Titles & Text" and Effects, Music, and Graphic Tabs appearing to be missing until I looked to the right vertical edge of the interface and found them fully positioned in a vertical column.

ATR