5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2006 11:01 AM by Wolf_van_Ween

Hiding and Showing Div's Using Flash

d-sign
      Hi, I've looked through this website and many others trying to get my Flash menu to control the visibilty of the Div's in my web page, Fortunatly I found some thread were someone posted all the neccessary scripts ( both in Flash and Javascript). So using all that I managed to get it to work ( kinda )... 2 really odd problems have been occuring....

1. Naturally, I want that when you press a button, it will disappear all the unwanted Divs and show only the necessary Div's. BUT, when I use the code:

on (press) {
      getURL("javascript:hideDiv('About')");
      getURL("javascript:showDiv('HomePage')");
      }

It doesn't work, It will make one div layer appear but it wont hide the other one... the odd thing is that when i divide it up into 2 different buttons, or even use the same button but write it like so:

on (press) {
      getURL("javascript:hideDiv('About')");
      }

on (release) {
      getURL("javascript:showDiv('HomePage')");
      }

It works fine... is there some known problem about using 2 functions with one button?... help...

2. The second is not a problem really... but... when i use either of the functions, the usual "click" sound of a loading webpage occurs... is there anyway i can disable that horrible sound? ( especially when i divide the code to on(press) and on(release) it clicks twice!!!)

Thanks a bundle.