2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2013 5:20 AM by Steve Grisetti

Footage from sunny to cloudy/rainy ?

fredowww66 Level 1

What's the best way in PE11 to make from sunny clips cloudy, rainy clips ?

Most of the footage of 1 day was cloudy, sometimes raining. But I want to start that day with footage shoot on another day ...

In these shots there is at the background a very clear, sunny blue sky ..., in the foreground (historic) cars passing.

It doesn't have to be really raining (I presume that this goes beyond PE11 and the other clips are shot before or after rain), dark cloudy weatherconditions should already be very fine.

Should I start with gamma correction ... ?

• 1. Re: Footage from sunny to cloudy/rainy ?
          nealeh Level 5

If the camera was recording from the same place with the same foreground then essentially you would lay your cloudy track above (Video2) the sunny (Video1) track on the timeline and then mask out the subject matter on Video2 leaving only the cloudy part from Video2 and the subject matter from Video1 showing on the combined image.

[EDIT] And remember to disable the audio on Video2.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children.

• 2. Re: Footage from sunny to cloudy/rainy ?
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you have version 11, be sure to check out the FilmLooks in the Effects collection. They are designed to give your video a complete change of mood with a single click!