Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 activation - "no connection", no support

Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get "no connection" when trying to activate Adobe Photoshop CS3 (firewall, antivirus is off). Also I called provided number and I didn't get activation code and was told to contact support. Chat support didn't help. What can I do to actiavate CS3 or it's impossible to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Then check you end make sure there is no file "host' that is redirect any of Adobe web site names like"

activate.adobe.com

practivate.adobe.com

ereg.adobe.com

activate.wip3.adobe.com

wip3.adobe.com

3dns-3.adobe.com

3dns-2.adobe.com

adobe-dns.adobe.com

adobe-dns-2.adobe.com

adobe-dns-3.adobe.com

ereg.wip3.adobe.com

activate-sea.adobe.com

wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com

activate-sjc0.adobe.com

hl2rcv.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

CS3 activation servers are no longer on line so CS3 cannot be activated. For a time Adobe provided non activating versions of CS2 and CS3 but these are no longer available.

The pages below describe the end of life policy from Adobe

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/support-periods.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/eol-matrix.html#NZ

Not what you are looking for , I know 😞

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call Adobe I think they may have turned off their CS3 activation servers. CS3 they say is OLD. Remind Adobe you have licenced from them that gives you the right to use CS3. That they need to help you activate CS3.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not easy to  do... can't find a support phone number.

Do you have one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question is old and has been marked as answered. If you need help, open a new question with the suggested details and you will more likely get help.

Tips for effective posting

Title: Clearly describe the main problem in the title, but be brief. For example, "Photoshop Elements crashes on launch since updating to version 13" or "Output doesn’t look correct when sending PDF to Fiery RIP." (Titles such and “Help” or “Urgent” aren’t descriptive enough.)

Message body: Include details, such as:

• Adobe software title and version (e.g., Premiere Pro CC 2014 v. 8.2)
  • Operating system (e.g., Windows 8.1 or Mac OS 10.8.6)
  • Relevant hardware (e.g., 4GB RAM or video card/driver version)
  • Third-party software in use
  • What you did, what steps you took, what happened at what moment, and what you did to try to resolve it
  • Any screenshots that provide important information to the user who is helping you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

old or not, the problem is relevant and still exists. hosts file is not an issue since I tried to connect from multiple pc's, windows 10, windows 8 and windows 7. some of which do not have cs3 installed at all (or any adobe products) one pc is a brand new install!

I feel like adobe has abandoned old owners. activation is difficult. I got into vmail hell trying to find an answer that does not state the product is no longer supported.

web connect activation is not working. I signed in and all I can find is HOW to activate. Come on, I am using CS3, ok? Now that I have a new pc and still want to use this software, I am stuck.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, start a new topic about your problem so you will get more attention. This question is already marked as answered and is considered solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to provide system information. The CS3 servers are just fine, but something on your end is not working...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then check you end make sure there is no file "host' that is redirect any of Adobe web site names like"

activate.adobe.com

practivate.adobe.com

ereg.adobe.com

activate.wip3.adobe.com

wip3.adobe.com

3dns-3.adobe.com

3dns-2.adobe.com

adobe-dns.adobe.com

adobe-dns-2.adobe.com

adobe-dns-3.adobe.com

ereg.wip3.adobe.com

activate-sea.adobe.com

wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com

activate-sjc0.adobe.com

hl2rcv.adobe.com

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack thank you very much! There was a redirection from "activate.adobe.com" to localhost. I have no clue why and it did not come to my mind that something this basic could be the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"JJMack thank you very much! There was a redirection from "activate.adobe.com" to localhost. I have no clue why and it did not come to my mind that something this basic could be the cause."

How EXACTLY do you fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activation has been closed for CS3. Visit the link to trade your serial number for a new serial number and activation-free CS3.

Be sure to uninstall the old CS3 and checkmark "remove old serial number" before installing your new copy.

Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello gener7

Just curious where you checked the "remove old serial number" box when installing new version.  I didn't notice it when uninstalling my old version and reinstalling the new version

Thanks

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you run your old CS3 uninstaller, it should. But no problem. Just uninstall your old CS3 before installing the new one.

When installing the replacement CS3, you input the new serial number. If it asking for activation, which it should not, the old serial number is lurking about.

Try deleting the cache.db file from

Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache

Then repeat the install with the new serial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and this also worked for me. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear JJMack
Please help me understand where to find these "hosts" that you speak of
This is my problem also - and the "Activate" option under "Help" is also greyed out.
I want to try your solution
But I don't know how - do I do a search for those files you listed, and if I find any,
delete them??
I do hope you can help.
I am the genuine owner of my CS3 Master Collection
I still have receipts and codes and all
I don't understand why it won't work anymore
(I just reloaded it after reformatting my laptop)
yours hopefully, Jeni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where does one look for these "Hosts" that you speak of
and should I delete them??
(this might be just the right solution for me also...if I can deal with the 'hosts')  thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not delete system files like hosts. JJ Mack will get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not very helpful. If there is a redirect... how should it be directed back to the correct IP.

It states you answer is correct but I find no value in it at all.

Has anyone been able to decipher you cryptic answer and solve the problem?

Can you be more specific?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem but I find the posts here confusing and do not help.  I get "no connection" when trying to activate Adobe Photoshop CS3.  No phone activation is available and chat support didn't help. What can I do to activate CS3?  The posts here talk about ‘host’ files but these are very confusing giving no real instruction how to find them or what to do if you do find them.  Simple answers are what most people need!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same problem and was able to get it fixed.  Adobe Photoshop CS3 was prompting for the 'activate' but none of the options worked. 

Used adobe chat support and provided them with a screen shot of the settings that appear when you choose manual mode (note: this only appears after you attempt to connect automatically and it fails).  On this screen is the serial number and activation number.

I waited for almost an hour in the chat queue and it took the agent < 4 minutes to generate the updated authentication code.  worked immediately soon as I entered it.

When I asked why it happened they said something to the effect that it was a technical glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not very helpful. I have the same problem. The re-activation searches for my internet connection but can't find it. Telephone re-activation no longer supported.

Can you be more specific?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no true. my end is fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Photoshop CS3. unable to activate via internet. phone support not working. I created a chat to Adobe Support. I gave them the activation code found when you select the phone support option then they gave me the authorization code. then boom! activated. problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you create a chat to adobe support??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines