6 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2018 5:45 PM by av8tor9801

How to use interactive layout in Photoshop CC for the photomerge function?

bbtee87

I find it really hard to combine the images together because the end result from photomerge does not have the snap in function like the interactive layout. Does anyone know how can I bring back the interactive layout in Photoshop CC? I downloaded the PhotomergeUI plugin but error came up saying 'Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of doument'. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: How to use interactive layout in Photoshop CC for the photomerge function?
          bbtee87 Level 1

Ok. Just learned that the PhotomergeUI plugin is no longer supported in CS6 and CC. Can someone please tell me if there's a way to merge the photo in the similar way?

• 2. Re: How to use interactive layout in Photoshop CC for the photomerge function?
            mavaddatj Level 2

I was able to get PhotomergeUI to work in CS6 (both x64 and x86) by the following method:

If you download Photoshop CS5 Optional Plugins and (for 64-bit versions of Adobe Photoshop on Windows) extract "\\CS5OptionalPlugins_Win_en_US.zip\PSCS5OptionalPlugins_Win_en_US\Optional Plug-Ins\Win64\PhotomergeUI.8BF" to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Automate" and "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS6\Automate" then the Photomerge UI becomes available in Photoshop CS6.
            If the "Automate" directories are not available (existent), then you may first create them in their respective directories. This is not necessary, however, as the plugins may be dropped anywhere in the 'plugins' folder.

However, this method doesn't seem to work with Adobe Photoshop CC. I will continue to investigate how to implement this plug-in in Adobe Photoshop CC..

• 3. Re: How to use interactive layout in Photoshop CC for the photomerge function?
              Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

You could try File>Scripts>Load Files into Stack with Auto Align and Create Smart Object unchecked.

Then enlarge the canvas size with the crop tool, manually line up the images as best you can, select all the layers

and then Edit>Auto-Blend Layers with Method Panorama and Seamless Tones and Colors checked.

Lower the layer opacity while your manually lining up the images and then before running Edit>Auto-Blend Layers

put the opacity for all the layers back to 100%.

As far as i know the PhotomergeUI plugin doesn't work in photoshop cc

• 4. Re: How to use interactive layout in Photoshop CC for the photomerge function?
                garry2306 Level 1

Has anyone managed to recover the interactive merge in CC? And if so, how?

• 5. Re: How to use interactive layout in Photoshop CC for the photomerge function?
                  mwpfishbreeder Level 1

I've been searching a lot on this tonight...am coming up empty handed.  Unfortunately, the ability to manually place images in Photomerge would be a very necessary thing, given that I have auto-alignment errors even in images that overlap by 75% or so between each of them.  At this point, I KNOW approximately where each image belongs...I just want a way to input that since the scripts fail to recognize things.  Interactive Photomerge of the past would have allowed me to solve this problem at least an hour ago...grrr!  Bring it back! (update - I should point out that I tried the recommendation above using auto blending of layers after I loaded them into a stack...it got me somewhere, but nothing even remotely close to satisfactory)

• 6. Re: How to use interactive layout in Photoshop CC for the photomerge function?
                    av8tor9801 Level 1

I found this to be accurate still. I've tried many recent versions of PS and PSE and none seem to have Interactive Layout restored, even with me manually adding the "PhotomergeUI.8BF" 32-bit/64-bit plugins into their respective places. I'm glad that, even though I had to purchase an annual subscription, I was allowed to download older PS versions such as PS CS6.

CS6 truly is the only 64-bit Photoshop program I've found that will still (after adding plugins) permit Interactive Layout. None of the 64-bit PSE versions would do it.

Thanks again!