8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2013 9:29 PM by bobmepp

Why is Adobe forcing Creative Cloud on me

Ged Traynor Adobe Community Professional

I have Photoshop CS6 Extended installed on my PC and Laptop, just decided to check for updates via Adobe Update manager and now I have Creative Cloud upadate manager installed, which I don't want or care for. I'm quite happy with CS6

Why is Adobe forcing this on me and how can I get my original Update manager back

This is seriously annoying considering I spent over €900 for my copy of Photoshop

Thanks

Ged

• 1. Re: Why is Adobe forcing Creative Cloud on me
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Why are you calling it the Creative Cloud Update Manager?  As far as I know, assuming we're talking about the same thing, it's the Adobe Application Manager.

Generally speaking, people usually like it when the companies they buy from improve their products and allow them to download them.

What does the new AAM do worse that you preferred the old one for?  Is it putting up advertising you don't want?

-Noel

• 2. Re: Why is Adobe forcing Creative Cloud on me
            Noel Carboni Level 8

By the way, there are ways to turn off all the automatic update stuff.  Assuming you're on Windows, look into the freeware program AutoRuns, through which you can disable the several things Adobe installs that automatically run when you start up / log on, including AdobeAAMUpdater-1.0, Adobe ARM, AdobeXXXServiceManager, etc.

-Noel

• 3. Re: Why is Adobe forcing Creative Cloud on me
              Ged Traynor Adobe Community Professional

"Why are you calling it the Creative Cloud Update Manager"

Because that's what was installed after the update

"By the way, there are ways to turn off all the automatic update stuff"

I don't want to disable Automatic updates, why should I, I know I can update Photoshop from within the program, but I did not want the Creative Cloud Update Manager, which is trying to get me to purchase CC that I don't want or need for me work.

thanks

Ged

• 4. Re: Why is Adobe forcing Creative Cloud on me
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Ged,

You might also wish to see this post in The Video Lounge: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1253557?tstart=0

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Why is Adobe forcing Creative Cloud on me
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Noel,

I have not read about the update plans for Ps CS 6, but maybe Chris Cox shared those, and I just missed them? With PrPro CS 6, there are no real plans for any updates, though there is one major Bug, that could yield such. Still, I do not anticipate much in the way of CS 6 updates - but would love to be proved wrong.

Until I see notices in these forums, I will not be looking for such, and then, will wait until the full installer package is uploaded to Adobe's site, where I will manually download and install those.

Hunt

• 6. Re: Why is Adobe forcing Creative Cloud on me
                    Noel Carboni Level 8

Post a screenshot of it, please.

-Noel

• 7. Re: Why is Adobe forcing Creative Cloud on me
                      Level 5

Bill Hunt wrote:

…I do not anticipate much in the way of CS 6 updates…

Regular updates to ACR have been promised in order to accommodate new camera models support have been promised—minus any enhancements to newer versions of ACR for CC.

CS6 users like myself, for whom paying the monthly Adobe tribute is inconceivable, will continue to make use of the Adobe Auto Updater, unless said ACR updates for CS6 are offered only as downloadable files—which would actually be great given the unreliability of the Auto Updater throughout the years.

• 8. Re: Why is Adobe forcing Creative Cloud on me
                        bobmepp Level 1

"Tribute"--interesting. A tribute being:

an act, statement, or gift that is intended to show gratitude, respect, or admiration.

I've been paying a subscription fee to Adobe, and am quite satisfied with what I am getting in return. I think it is about 20% too high, although that in itself is not one of the major problems I deal with in life. That aside, I would pay no tribute to any corporation, nor should anyone.

The only issue I have had with the updater, or whatever it is called, is that, if I inadvertently leave a program that is being updated, open on my Mac, then the updater pauses until I close said program. That probably isn't even an issue, actually.