4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2013 1:05 AM by jaggers73

validation of forms using external editor

jaggers73

The options for validation are limited, for example if I only want numbers without commas or decimal points.  I cannot do this in formscentral. I could however in Acrobat XI edit the properties.

Is there any way to edit the properties of a PDF produced using formscentral and still let it submit the data?

• 1. Re: validation of forms using external editor
          Wenlan_Du Level 2

Hi,

Sorry for the limited options of field validation, but we don't recommend updating FormsCentral PDF forms in Acrobat. You may not be able to submit after such operations.

Thanks,

Wenlan

• 2. Re: validation of forms using external editor
            jaggers73 Level 1

Is that correct?

I thought you could amend the form and add a 'submit button' to use forms central for any externally designed form.

The limitations on field design is why I am looking for another solution!

Cheers

Jon

• 3. Re: validation of forms using external editor
              Wenlan_Du Level 2

If you design a form in Acrobat and then import it into FormsCentral, then FormsCentral can add a submit button for it to be submitted. However in your case, the PDF form is produced by FormsCentral. The form will not work after modification of external editors for now. Hopefully we can solve the issues soon.

• 4. Re: validation of forms using external editor
                jaggers73 Level 1

This is a real shame. I have seen very little development of formscentral of late and it is missing some (I'd argue) quite basic functions that would clearly be relatively easy to implement in both PDF and online forms.

Is there another Adobe supported workflow method that would allow for both PDF and online submissions?

What I may have to do now is create two forms: one for PDF (with added submit button) as this allows for field validation (a must nowadays) and use another form with limited validation for online submissions - then append the two submission databases.

This feels painful for something that should be very simple!

Best

Jon