• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have spent hours trying to install Adobe Flash on Firefox and it won't work.

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent hours trying to install Adobe Flash on Firefox and it won't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems a common problem.

What OS are you using, Windows 8 64 bit or something? Win 8 has an embedded Flash Player on it, and I have been told here that if this is the case, installing a new version of Flash Player is not necessary, but Fire Fox needs the plug in. They came out with a Flash Player plug in for use with Fire Fox that includes a debugger, but I have not tried it yet. (see below).

I have tried installing Flash Player 11.8.800.994  and 11.7.70.224...... and all crash. I think maybe some anti virus software needs to be disabled to allow installation, or the anti virus thinks its malware. I am also not sure if I need to also install Shockwave Flash for the whole thing to work?

Not sure the following will help and I am about to try it because I am going round in circles, too.

If 11.7 extended support release works for you, would you please update your success by adding a reply at the bottom of your original post, and let us know what you did that worked?

Good luck!

Announcement: Attention: Please read for important changes to Flash Player 10.3

Beginning July 9th, 2013 we will be updating the version of our "extended support release" from Flash Player 10.3 to Flash Player 11.7 for Mac and Windows.  To continue to stay current with all available security updates you will need to install the 11.7 extended support release or update to the most recent available release (11.8, etc.)  For full details, please see this blog post:

Extended Support Release Updated to Flash Player 11.7

by Chris Campbell (May 21, 2013)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 7 XP. I have tried disabling Comodo antivirius while

downloading Adobe and that doesn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would try this one for using with Fire Fox: 

http://http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2013/05/extended-support-release-updated-to-flash-player-1...

I recently had to upgrade from XP Pro, which I used a long time and really liked.

But as a tech friend recently said to me when I got a newer laptop, XP is old, and the problem with it is not so much that the Updates and security patches will soon be discontinued, but that the newer APPLICATIONS (like Flash) won't work on XP or XP Pro, and as Applications evolve fewer and fewer of them will actually work on it, and soon none of them will.

I regretted to hear that and did upgrade to Windows 8 which is not nearly as good. But the internet is evolving and to use it and take advantage of all of its features and content, I have to keep my pc current.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines