2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2013 10:58 AM by GreatideaMedia

PPCC crashes when I try to save

GreatideaMedia

Having a major issue after the new update to Premiere Pro CC.  While the multicam issue has been fixed, when I try to save the project I'm in, it spins its wheels and will not finish the save.  After canceling the save, I get the "rainbow wheel of death" and have to force-quit PP, losing all of the work I had done.  Very odd and can happen immediately if I try to save before beginning any work after opening the project, or after doing work for awhile and trying to save.

I just moved over to PPCC from FCP, but am now moving back to FCP to get the project finished after doing half of it in PPCC.

My stats:

MacBook Pro 2GHz Intel Core i7

8GB Ram Memory, AMD Radeon HD 6490M 256MB Graphics

OS X 10.8.4

PPCC 7.0.1 (105)

Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: PPCC crashes when I try to save
          Mark Mapes Adobe Employee

Let's start by determining whether this crash is specific to this imported FCP project. What happens if you create a new project, edit a bit, and then save--without ever importing the FCP XML?

If you find that you can save new projects without issue, then try re-exporting the XML from FCP in case something went awry at that stage in the process the first time.

Does the Events panel in PPro report any issues when you import the FCP XML or while editing in that project?

• 2. Re: PPCC crashes when I try to save
            GreatideaMedia Level 1

Sorry, I may have been a bit unclear in my post.  This project was created in PPCC and was never edited in FCP.  I'm now moving it to FCP to finish the project.