2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2013 6:42 PM by Small Town Gal

ePub export not recognizing page breaks

Small Town Gal Level 1

Dear All,

Anyone else having problems with InDesign CC ePub export not recognizing page breaks -- just runs text together?  Seemed to be working in CS6, but tearing my hair out in new CC.  Wondering if it's me or CC?

• 1. Re: ePub export not recognizing page breaks
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You have to define page breaks based on a paragraph style. You can do by (1) choosing which paragraph styles you want to break on the Pagagraph Styles panel menu > Edit All Export Tags, and (2) when exporting, choosing Advanced > Split Document > Based on Paragraph Export Tags.

Other ways to force breaks are to place chapters in books (each chapter will automatically break), or adding breaks before or after image in Object > Object Export Options.

It sounds like you may need some help learning EPUB. Two good sources are:

(1) Books by Elizabeth Castro

www.elizabethcastro.com/epub

(2) Videos like Anne-Marie Concepcion on lynda.com.

• 2. Re: ePub export not recognizing page breaks
            Small Town Gal Level 1

Dear Steve,

Thanks -- I'll give it a try; and yes, I do need some help with ePub and am trying to find a place to gather info. 

Small Town Gal

This worked for me, after much trial and error as to where to place the new paragraph style -- thanks much, Steve!!!

Small Town Gal