9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2013 2:44 PM by Terry_Green

Premiere CC Crashes When GPU Acceleration Enabled on Certified GPU (OpenCL)

ivan659813

Hi I cannot get the GPU Acceleration to work on Premiere Pro CC, whenever it is activated PP will crash as soon as I try to play any video inside it, be it a clip that I loaded into PP or even if you try to browse a video from the media browser. My videocard is listed as a certified GPU (OpenCL) by Adobe: ATI Radeon HD7850. (source:http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2013/05/improved-gpu-support-in-adobe-premiere-pro-cc.h tml)

Here is my computer set up:

Windows 8 PRO

MB: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe

INTEL CORE I7 3770 - 3.4 GHZ - 4 CORE - 8 THREADS

CORSAIR RAM DDR3 32GB / 1600 CL10

3,5" SATA3 SEAGATE 2TB

OCZ SSD HARD DISK 120 GB  AGILITY3 SATA 3 6Gb/s

VideoCards (3 total, running 6 monitors no fireX enabled):

2x Sapphire HD5450 HD 5450 ATI Radeon 1GB

AMD Radeon HD 7850 - 2 GB GDDR5 - PCI-Express 3.0

The HD7850 is the primary display and where I open Premiere Pro, unless I have to configure it further inside premiere to make sure it is using the correct card but I am pretty sure it is as when I tried to remove the HD7850 and tried running the GPU Acceleration on the HD5450 it just gives me an error message and doesn't crash (as one would expect, I uderstand this is not te card do run GPU Acceleration, it was just to see if it behaved differently), with HD7850 which should work fine with GPU Acceleration OpenCL it just crashes.

Anyone has any idea of what I could try to get this working? I've already tried removing the card and swapping the PCI-e connection, tried unistalling the driver and installing it back again, also tried the latest beta driver from AMD, all showed the same results.

Thanks

ivan