3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2013 3:09 PM by Genevieve Laroche

Flowable Text Fields - Adobe Acrobat XI Pro

Bonnie.Kauffman

I'm currently using Adobe Acrobat XI Pro and need to design a form with 'flowable' text; how do I do this?

• 1. Re: Flowable Text Fields - Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
          Genevieve Laroche Adobe Employee

I'm not sure what you mean by 'flowable' text. Acrobat XI comes with FormsCentral for Acrobat. You can start there to create and generate fillable PDF forms. You can add Formatted Text elements (paragraphs of text) or multi-line text fields. Is that what you need?

With FormsCentral for Acrobat you can create unlimited numbers of PDF forms without a subscription to FormsCentral but if you want to collect data then you will need to get at least a free FormsCentral subscription.

Hope this helps

Gen

• 2. Re: Flowable Text Fields - Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
            Bonnie.Kauffman Level 1

Thanks for the reply - since my post I've found that I need to use LiveCycle Designer to add 'flowable' text fields - fields that expand (when needed) and don't write over subsequent fields on the form; + the expanded text prints in its entirety. I've downloaded a trial copy of Designer, so perhaps I can find what I'm looking for there ......

• 3. Re: Flowable Text Fields - Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
              Genevieve Laroche Adobe Employee

Note that we are currently working on a feature that will expend the multi-line text field in the PDF when there is too much text to fit the box (so that you can print the whole response).

In the mean time you can make the multi-line text box bigger so that it fits the longest response OR you can print the Detail View (View Responses Tab : View > Detail View) to print the label/value pairs.

Gen