This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
You can do that by adding some additional metadata to content and then triggering workflow based on that metadata.
You would have to implement several things to allow this work:
- You need replication agents for all the production publish servers and the staging servers. To simply your life you will probably want to set up your dispatcher agents on your publish and staging servers so you don't have to deal with them during the workflow.
- You need to decide how you want the standard activation tools to behave (activate button, activate later, other possible workflows) behave. You have a couple of options:
- Have the default activation behaviors publish to both environments
- Have the default activation only publish to production publish
- Have the default activation only publish to staging
- Have the default activation do nothing
- Based on that decision above you may have to check the Ignore Default option on the Triggers tab of the replication agents that shouldn't get anything on the standard publish.
- Create a workflow process that will publish only to selected publish instances. Most likely this will be a step that only publishes to your Staging server, in which case you need some configuration mechansim which identifies which replication agents are staging agents.