4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2013 12:53 PM by HarryPutnam RSS

Using CC cleaner tool

HarryPutnam Community Member

Can anyone who has used the CC cleaner tool recently tell me what the User Interface looks like?

I saw a screen grab from a 2012 post showing it in action... it appeared to have a Graphica User Interface.  But when I run the lastest version just now it appears to be a dos box where I type in reponse to prompts.

• 1. Re: Using CC cleaner tool
          Sumit Singh Employee Hosts

You can download the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool from following official link. Please follow the given instruction on the page

before starting.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Yes, it has a GUI.

• 2. Re: Using CC cleaner tool

Sumit Singh wrote:

You can download the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool from following official link. Please follow the given instruction on the page

before starting.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Yes, it has a GUI.

Thanks for the helpful input.

I downloaded from there before posting... that is the one I'm talking about.  That was a few hrs ago.

So, to be sure I went to the link you provided and downloaded it again, unzipped and ran it.

Its the same... Completely usable, but it is NOT a graphical interface.

It's a dos box that you type into as prompts show up.  The screen grab is after I've already typed answers to a few prompts... What you see is answer to last prompt I typed in '3' which is listing the remaining CS6 and including CC stuff.

CreativeCloudCleanerToolInterfrace.jpg

• 3. Re: Using CC cleaner tool
              Sumit Singh Employee Hosts

Harry,

This is the interface you have on Windows machine however you will get graphical interface for Creative Cloud Cleaner for Mac OSX.

CC_CLeanerMac.jpg

• 4. Re: Using CC cleaner tool

Sumit Singh wrote:

Harry,

This is the interface you have on Windows machine however you will get graphical interface for Creative Cloud Cleaner for Mac OSX.

Ahh, ok... I had no trouble running it, but since I have had plenty of trouble since the big update... I wanted to make sure I wasn't getting something wrong.

And at heavy risk of ending the thread in RPG and .60 caliber machine gun fire, I see the Graphical workers built in bias for Mac showing itself.

Truth to tell, I've often been nearly swayed by the comparisons...

And really more swayed by being a cheapskate and getting cheaper pc stuff.

Do you find that a Mac handles the newest stuff well?  And is there really a palpable difference in results using a Mac?

Is memory allotment handled better by mac so that a pc needs more ram than a similar cpu with mac?