4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2013 3:10 PM by shooternz

adjustment layers

deadvessel Level 1

when i apply an adjustment layer with out any effects added, PP cs6 completely freezes to the point that i have to force quit and restart. this has been consistent and is really starting to piss me off. i have a 3tb drive, 3.9 ghz processor, 32gb ram. pretty sure it's not the machine. what is the deal???

• 1. Re: adjustment layers
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi deadvessel,

The adjustment layer problem sounds odd and the first I've heard of this. Please file a bug report: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks,

Kevin

• 2. Re: adjustment layers
            joe bloe premiere Level 5

As Kevin sez, this is not at all typical.

If you gave a bit more information regarding the nature of your Timeline

when you are adding the Adjustment Layer (media type(s),

number of layers, effects added to individual clips, etc.),

someone might be able to help.

A screenshot of your Timeline often helps as well.

• 3. Re: adjustment layers
              deadvessel Level 1

Screen Shot 2013-07-17 at 4.45.48 PM.png

ok in the adjustment layer i'm using red giant denoiser ll and a compound arithmatic.

after alppying the layer, whether or not i've added the effects, the program monitor freezes and i'm unable to save by either command S or quitting and saving.

i am able to continue working in other parts of the program, i.e. switching tracks on/off, applying and manipulating effects, but dbl clicking clips in the timeline will not bring them up in the source monitor.

it seems that anything regarding a video image is frozen.

bug report sent

• 4. Re: adjustment layers
                shooternz Level 6

Sorry I dont know the answer to your issue..but I am curious about all the long Black Video Clips in Vid Layer 2.  Looks like your movie is 50% black.