3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2014 4:07 PM by fansoftmedia

alert() not working

czigany Level 1

This seems like a silly question but I'm suddenly having a problem with the alert function. I just upgraded a project from MX to 12. When the user takes a particular action, I use alert() to show a feedback message. The movie works fine, however, the projector does not. When I run the projector and hit the code to show the alert message, the system beeps but no message is shown. The program continues normally. I am running both the movie and the projector on Mac OS10.6. Here's the original line of code:

alert(myTextVariable&" has been added to the rolls -- you may add more students or return to Main Menu")

In attempting to narrow down the problem, I tried:

_player.alert(myTextVariable&" has been added to the rolls -- you may add more students or return to Main Menu")

alert("Test message")

_player.alert("Test message")

None of these work. Anyone else see this?

By the way, I also notice that after every time I run a movie to test a change, the Script window is closed. What is particularly annoying is that, when I reopen it, I have to find my behavior again. Does anyone have a workaround for that or know of an option to set?