4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2013 1:42 PM by A.T. Romano

Final video jumps from size to size

pmseever3

I add HD and SD video to my project when I finalize and share as an mpeg, the video goes from large to small. how do I stop this

• 1. Re: Final video jumps from size to size
          the_wine_snob Level 9

If you are outputting to an HD format Preset, you will need to Scale up the SD material. This can be done with the Fixed Effect>Motion>Scale.

What is your Project's Setting, and what are the specs., to which you are Sharing?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Final video jumps from size to size
            A.T. Romano Level 7

pmseever3

Always good to say what version of Premiere Elements that you are working with and on what computer operating system it is running.

When you are seeing

the video goes from large to small.

are there black borders associated with what you are seeing? If so, when?

What is your project preset?

What are the properties of the HD and SD footage...video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, pixel aspect ratio, file extension etc.

What specifically are you setting for the export...

If version 11, Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG...what preset and what export settings under the Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab?

If version earlier than 11, Share/Computer/MPEG...what preset and what export settings under the Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab?

What is your intent....a SD export with HD sized to SD or a HD export with SD sized to HD? Premiere Elements allows for one project preset. With a mixed Timeline, priorities need to be set.

Please review and then we can move forward on this based on your answers.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Final video jumps from size to size
              pmseever3 Level 1

Good day,

Sorry for my lack of information, I had tried several times to ask a question and the question never posted. I finally got upset just typed the basic and bam it posted.

I'm using a dell with Windows XP (I think), I'm using PE 11. I am trying to do a video announcement reel for church services. I am adding video footage: Video 1 - 1920 x 1080 fr 30 Pixel Aspect Ration 1.0 and Video 2 - 720 x 460 fr 30 PAR .9091, I am also adding several jpgs

I have change the Project settings to NTSC DV Standard 48kHz and seemed to have achieved the desired effects, all videos show the same height and width now.

Even though I failed to give you the entire information, you did help me with the problem that I had.

Thanks,

Pam

Sent from my iPad

• 4. Re: Final video jumps from size to size
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Pam,

Thanks for the follow up and the extras to get your message posted. Much appreciated.

When you are dealing with different frame sizes as well as different aspect ratios, adjustments needed as you found out. Good work.

Just be careful about

a. photos (and a lot of them) with pixel dimensions oversized for the project)

b. making sure that you set the correct project preset which will direct the program to create the right space in the Edit Mode Monitor for editing purposes (no black borders).

c. setting your priorities as to whether you want a SD video with everything scaled to the SD sizeing (720 x 480) or a HD video with everything scaled to the HD sizing (1920 x 1080)....typical scaling up can result in pixelaton...less problems scaling down.

Please let us know if you are OK with your project at this time. Never hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything written.

Thanks.

ATR