2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2013 3:41 PM by peter minneapolis

Suppressing a document from an ID book file

Bigwig Level 1

I can't seem to find an answer to this nagging question so I hope someone has a simple answer. I have a book file that contains a "Master_Style_Doc" that contains style sheets, master pages, colors, etc. along with misc snippets. I want to keep this document along with my other documents in my book file, but I don't want it to be part of the book. It is simply a reference resource and a master style source. How do I eliminate this document from page numbering, etc. without deleting it?

• 1. Re: Suppressing a document from an ID book file
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I think the best you can do is make it the last file in the book so it doeasn't affect numbering ahead of it, and you can not include it in the selection for output.

• 2. Re: Suppressing a document from an ID book file
            peter minneapolis Level 4

Bigwig wrote:

I can't seem to find an answer to this nagging question so I hope someone has a simple answer. I have a book file that contains a "Master_Style_Doc" that contains style sheets, master pages, colors, etc. along with misc snippets. I want to keep this document along with my other documents in my book file, but I don't want it to be part of the book. It is simply a reference resource and a master style source. How do I eliminate this document from page numbering, etc. without deleting it?

This has been requested by other users, from time to time, because it's such a useful thing, and shouldn't be hard to program (we non-programmers always think that way.) Please add your voice to requests for this feature, with a formal request here: Wishform Be sure to explain how it would be useful.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices