4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2013 12:03 PM by Oenai100 RSS

Pokeball effect- how?

Oenai100

Hey,

I hope this is in the right part of the forum- appologies if it is not.

I am trying to animate a pokeball thats on some footage i've taken as part of my filming project. Its suppose to be the enternce of when the pokemon appears. I have the audio but i can't seem to find the right way to animate it.

Could someone suggest some techniques - i believe im suppose to mask the pokeball first?

Sorry i'm quite new to After effects (Cs6) and i'm not used to using the effects

All i want is for the ball to flash simular to the anime!

Many thanks!

• 1. Re: Pokeball effect- how?
          Szalam MVP

Oenai100 wrote:

All i want is for the ball to flash simular to the anime!

Well, many of us haven't seen it, so without a reference image, we can't really offer much help.

Although, from your description (and the other anime that I've seen), perhaps CC Light Burst on precomp containing some Fractal Noise in a small circle would do the trick.

Wait, if you're new to AE and not used to the effects yet, you should definitely start here.

• 2. Re: Pokeball effect- how?
            Dave LaRonde Community Member

Just to add to Szalam's link at the end of his post...

If you try using AE intuitively, thinking "How tough can it be?" you'll get a very rude awakening: it can be VERY tough without the basics.

So if you don't have the time to go through the stuff in that link, you might want to think about a Plan B for your project.

• 3. Re: Pokeball effect- how?
              Mylenium ACP/MVPs

No idea what the effect looks like and YouTube isn't helpful based on your keywords.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Pokeball effect- how?
                Oenai100 Community Member

In the end i used an eclips effect- but thanks all for your input and help and i assumed everyone knew what i meant by the 'pokeball effect' sorry next time i'll add a picture for more clarification.